EJ25 Powered Personal Aircraft

Discussion in 'Peanut Gallery' started by AXLEJOHNSON, Sep 24, 2008.

1. AXLEJOHNSON

AXLEJOHNSON Member

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

dang....the turbo is all up front and stuff.....

3. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I dont see how a 450-500HP subaru only burns a half tank of gas running WOT for an hour a la their quoted 8-9gph fuel usage.

It would be a lot cooler if it was done and not just autocad renderings. Otherwise it's just a nifty idea. And this isnt the first time airplanes have used flat-4s. If I'm not mistaken the old Japanese Zeroes had german developed flat-4s and then the engineers went on to develop porsche motors and then those guys taught subaru engineers how to make flat-4s.

4. yardhippie

yardhippie Member

Many of the Cessna, Beech and other small 4 and 6 cylinder aircraft use flat, boxer engines. Their profile is a bit more condusive to high visibility.

I'd like to see that engine in a 182 wide body cessna with a stol kit. that thing would climb at like 2500 ft/min!!!
    That is if the airfram would hold it in place! :bowdown:

5. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

6. jeb

jeb Member

This thing just seems silly

7. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

people use boxer engines to power planes all the time. one of my good friends who tunes subarus is working with an aircraft company out west to develop subaru power plants

they are MUCH cheaper than specialty aircraft engines and reliable to boot

8. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

LOL at the oil drain that goes down and then up again... god lets hope they never get into a zero g that motor will starve for oil fast.