Electric car owner charged with stealing 5 cents worth of juice

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by nygiant, Dec 6, 2013.

1. nygiant

nygiant Member

http://www.11alive.com/rss/article/...-charged-with-stealing-5-cents-worth-of-juice

2. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

Haha yea I saw that. Terrible. Plus he's got a great point about people charging mobile devices etc.

3. Justin V

Justin V Member

Sure the charges would be thrown out in court but it sucks he already spent a night in jail.

4. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

How much money in police effort was wasted over $0.05?

5. b reel

b reel Active Member

How does being a dick towards the officer and making false claims deserve not to be charged for the theft? A case of Entitlement Attitude?

6. KGraska

KGraska Member

Agreed^^

If the guy was nice and respectable towards the officer I'm sure they would have never taken it this far. He was being a dick and got the shaft for it...well deserved if you ask me. He was also banned from using the school's tennis courts and chose to come back without permission.

His "there was no one present to ask permission" excuse doesn't cut it. If I wanted to borrow my friends car and he wasn't there to ask permission I simply wouldn't drive off with it just because he wasn't there to ask...

7. Jake

Jake Active Member

yeah it was dumb to even pursue this by the officer, however i hate assholes who are argumentative for no reason. a simple, "i'm sorry" or "it won't happen again" would've ended the whole thing right there. so in the end, the guy kind of deserved it.