emission?

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by sol drums, Feb 9, 2005.

1. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

i'm just bought my wrx w/ mods & i need to get the emissions done. i have cats but the tumbler sensors were taken out, so the cei is always on & won't pass. and i don't have the extra cash to get them & put them back in. does any know where i can get the emissions done?

thanks

-drums

2. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

is there any wiring tricks you can do to get the cel to go away?

I dont know anything about the tumbler deletes

3. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

not sure, any info on this would be greatly appreciated

-drums

4. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Just do the cel fix for the moment and go through a drive cycle and then get the emissons test. You should be fine with that..Thats what I had to do to pass:D

5. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

how do i go about doing the cel fix?

thanks

-drums

6. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

I know how to install it, I have extra cel fix in my car. It takes really 2 mins to install it.

What uppipe do you have?

Has your Check Engine light ever came on?

I wondering if you car was already modded when you got it, then I just about sure that it is already done for you.

7. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

great! maybe we could meet and try and fix this.

i just got the car a few weeks ago, it was already modded. the cel light has been on since i got it. i have an aps uppipe. knowledge performance did all the work on the car. it's a very nice setup.

-drums

8. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Will do buddy. Just PM with then ever you want to do it bro.

9. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

will do. thanks, man

-drums

10. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

no problem..:D

11. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

if you have the tumbler generator delete in the intake manifold there is no electronic cel fix.

Go read the 14pg post on NASIOC for the DIY Tumbler genereator delete mod to learn up on a solution.

12. GTscoob

If there isnt a good fix you could just go clear the codes and get emissions tested and hope that they dont come up during emissions.

13. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

It don't think that will work bobby. Once you clear the code, you will have to go through a drive cycle.

14. GTscoob

hmm, I'll take your word on that.

I know back when I was getting my downpipe CEL it would be gone as long as I did city driving but as soon as I hit the interstate and starting cruising 60mph+ it would come back.

15. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

I had the same problem my friend.....

16. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

whatever works. i know it's gonna cost me over $700 to get the tumblers put in. unless the previous owner still has the orginals.

-drums