Emissions?

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by sol drums, Apr 5, 2005.

1. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

I need to get my car to pass emissions. The tumbler deletes were taken out. And I don't have the money to get them put back in, as of right now. I talked to Scott at SoG and the 2.2k ohm resistor won't work with my problem.

I need to get this done before Monday.

If anyone knows anyone who can pass my car please let me know. Just send me a PM.

Thanks!!

-drums

2. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Do you have any Cats? As long as you have one cat and no CEL's you should be fine, I think.

3. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

I do have at least one cat. But I have a CEL.

So I need someone that has "connections". Don't want to get anyone in trouble so please PM me.

-drums

4. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

And you haven't done the CEL Fix?

5. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

Well the tumbler deletes were taken out. And the accuator & sensor were taken out also. The only way to fix the CEL is to have them put back in. And I don't have the money or time right now to do this.

So if you know of anyone, PM me. I greatly appreciate it!!!

-drums

6. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I wish I could help but nobody I know can help you right now.

7. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

did you ever end up doing the cel fix?

8. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

no, because it won't fix my CEL.

-drums

9. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

That sucks, sounds like it is time for some EM. That should fix your CEL. But EM is $$$, which you say you don't have right now, good luck.

10. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

he got UTEC

11. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Sorry, not listed in his mod list, or I am blind and just didn't see it. Most likely the later.

12. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

yeah, i have UTEC

-drums

13. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Update your mod list.

14. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

I think if I get EcuTek, my problem will be fixed. That is what I'm looking into right now.

-drums

15. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

give scott a call at SoG... he'll let u know if it can be fixed

16. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Im sure it can be fixed....

17. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

Just got back from SoG. Talked to Scott for a while. I'm taking my car in friday morning and getting EcuTek. But to fix the tumblers he is going to have to some minor work, plus a huge favor from a very cool guy that drives a white wagon!!

Thank you so much!!! Scott will take good care of your parts.

BTW, Scott is the man!!

-drums

18. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

indeed!

19. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I'll talk to Scott tomorrow but I should be able to let you borrow my TGV junk for a couple days.

20. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

Well the tumbler fix didn't work. Scott, Ped & I worked on it for a long while trying everything we could thing of.

I did find out that if the cost to repair your car for emissions exceeds $689 and it still doesn't pass, you can file a repair waiver.

So monday morning Scott is going to put in the EcuTek (over $689). Then I'm going to drive it 120+ miles (nice little road trip in the freshly tuned car). Go get the emission test, which I will fail (tumblers). Then go the the waiver center & then to the DMV to get my car fully registered.

So monday is going to be a busy day. But my car will be tuned and running nice! And I have a year to find a wrecked WRX that I can pull the whole tumbler assembly from & get installed in my car.

I will post my dyno results after Scott installs the EcuTek. I hoping for 300+ whp!!!

-drums

21. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

sweet buddy, I might could hang out with you and scott on monday then...."yea. i'll talk to ya"

22. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

I am actually off work Monday too. What time are you planning on being around SoG? Might stop by...

23. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i got a bunch of work to do on monday... hope u make the 300+ hp

24. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

I'll be up at SOG on Monday @ 4pm to take care of some "other" biz. :) Good luck with the car man! Hope to see you up there Monday.

25. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

I'll be at SoG at 8am.

-drums

26. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

Didn't get to dyno the newly tuned car. But Scott did an awesome job!! The car is running so smooth and strong. I'm running 18.5 at peak boost. Car feels so happy!!!!! I've said it before, Scott is the man!!

And I found out today that I did qualify for the repair wavier!!!! :bigthumb:

So I have until end of July to find a wrecked WRX to pull the tumblers off and put in my car. If anybody knows of some junkyards that may have any PLEASE let me know!

-drums