Engine Block ??

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by pEd, Aug 28, 2005.

1. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

Suppose you've got a short-block motor (that's got a thrown rod) sitting in your garage, where/how would you dispose of it??
    I know that I could take it to a junk-yard or scrap metal place, but they've got hours of operation that I just can't seem to make it within.
    Suggestions, please??

2. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

ebay? local dealership? or shop?

3. Genya

Genya No Longer Up At Odd Hours

Umm if its a wrx motor I could take it off your hands err dispose of it. I already consider the L a semi trash can ;)

4. pEd

hahaha, I wish it was a WRX motor. It's just a measley 2.4L out of an Altima. It's got 2 holes in it. Not really good for anything other than a big-ass paper weight.

5. Thats alot of paper...

6. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

how heavy is it? you know i always wanted to tear an engine down to the nuts and bolts just to have the exerience of tearing it down... but i've never had the balls to do it on a functioning engine. i may be interested. let me know the weight.

7. pEd

Well as far as weight, it's probably 150lbs. or so.
    I've pulled the water pump, the head, and most of the cooling pipes off the block.
    The block still has the pistons, rods, timing chain, and crankshaft in it.
    We might be keeping the head as a spare. If not, you're more than welcome to it.
    Certainly would be a good learning experience to finish breaking it down.

If you're serious, I'd be more than williing to bring it to you. I'll even through in the tires that I've got the thing sitting on now :rofl:

Otherwise, I might be making a late night run to the office's dumpster, to make a deposit.