Engine monitoring / recording

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by fastpacketeer, Oct 24, 2004.

1. fastpacketeer

fastpacketeer New Member

1st things 1st... I am as new as a newbie can be when it somes to scoobies. Got an 05 STi and lovin' it. My 1st Subaru, and I am hooked.

anybody have a good solution for engine (system) monitoring, specifically with the ability to record various parameters over time?

I am investing in gaugues and a digital display that reads off the ECU. In an effort to really learn my car, I'd love to be able to record a drive and look back at it after the fact. I'm no F1 driver, but I'd like to analyze what the car is doing and how my drving styles affect that.

2. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Thats great man!! Welcome to the club!! Hope to see you around!

3. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

are u the guy who came by and met us at knowledge?
    either cae, welcome to the club....

look into UTEC... offers engine management along with data logging

http://www.turboxs.com/stiutec.shtml

4. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

There's other types of engine management out there but I don't know if they offer data logging like UTEC like Milo said.

5. fastpacketeer

fastpacketeer New Member

Thanks for the welcomes! It's great to be here. That was me @ knowledge. I called them out of the blue about their dyno, and Melvin said 'the wrx folks ae here right now'.

It was awesome seeing you guys (and gals) get together. My 5 year old daughter couldn't stop talking about it. I look forward to the journey.

Thanks for the url too.

6. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

if you get the Defi link gauges they can do a playback. All the gauges run through a central controller which stores the data.

Look on Nasioc for the Hydra ECU. It's still pretty experimental but has all sorts of ways to monitor and graph your engine stats.

I believe the AEM standalone also can display stuff through a laptop.

7. fastpacketeer

fastpacketeer New Member

Thanks for all of the tips. One of our great, local shop perfromance managers reccomended Delta Dash. This looks like a real cool item. I'm really not trying to add engine management at this point; I simply want to monitor and learn about it. Delta Dash looks perfect for this. BTW... I'm doing the Defi gauges at the same time.

http://www.ecutek.com.au/delta-dash.htm

8. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

DD is a very fun little bit :bigthumb:

9. Porter

Porter Member

From the context clues, I'm guessing the original poster is Mike!

Hi Mike... :D :D

10. fastpacketeer

fastpacketeer New Member

Can't get anything past you... ;] Thanks for all the help/info Jason.