estimate ticket costs???

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by gomikeyp, Jun 16, 2005.

1. gomikeyp

gomikeyp Member

just wondering how much these tickets would cost.
    if anyone had these tickets before, please give me info!

1. window tint (around $150???)

2. driving on the wrong side of the road? (no idea about cost)

3. leaving skid marks on the road? it says, "to fast for conditions"

just a bad day. plokivos and i work at the same place (nite shift) and there's this turn we somtimes take really fast when we're bored... (last excitement before coming into work) but there just happend to be a cop on the other side of the street... --;; i'm just glad he didn't take me to jail. haha i just wanted to get a rough idea of how much these tickets will be and if they can be dropped <maybe?> i told the cop i almost missed the turn and just had to turn really fast...

please no flames.. i don't drive crazy... just that corner somtimes... haha 'cuz there are no cars at night in the back road to our workplace...

Last edited: Jun 17, 2005
  2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

We all have the corners we love to take crazy :wiggle:

Best of luck with this, expect $400 +

3. E-Mol

E-Mol Member

Skid marks? Oh, not the ones in the bathroom. Wouldn't wanna get a ticket for high speed crapping.

4. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

a) jt got a tint ticket so he would know better about that
    b) in case of leaving marks, i heard the fine is based on $XX per foot
    c) what were u doing on the wrong side of the road? :D

5. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

:dr evil: 1 million dollars :dr evil:

6. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Bluelinescooby might be able to chime in??

7. gomikeyp

gomikeyp Member

tickets came out to $266 total. haha not too bad... going to the court on tuesday! ;)

8. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

266! Man, not bad at all considering the charges. Think you can get anything dropped?

9. gomikeyp

gomikeyp Member

they dropped the window tint... so it was 198$s hehe

10. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

so do u need to strip ur tint?

11. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

yea the tint one is gay and they will usually drop it if you peel it off. They are getting you in court FAST. When i got my last ticket i had to wait like 2 months to go to court.

12. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

so did the tint law go back into effect??? if so, what's the % limit? i am NOT peeling off over $500 worth of tint without some kind of grandfather reimbursement.

glad your ticket was light though

13. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

glad i went legal ;)

14. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

yes its in full effect and now they can ticket outof towners also. i believe the limit is 32%.

15. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

and nobody is grandfathered in

16. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I am glad I didn't do it before the law got changed. I would have been really pissed if I spent a couple hundred bucks and then didn't get grandfathered in, at some point I will tint the windows, but I will go legal with it.

17. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

i'm going back to eclipse so they can tell me what my tint is because i don't remember (i told them to keep it legal and they said "there is no legal limit, so i said keep it reasonable for night driving).

if they tinted me beyond 32%, they're redoing it for deep discount.

how is it even remotely constitutional (according to fed interstate commerce laws, not hee-haw ga law) to ticket an out of state car for a tint?

i mean, i know "why" they suspended it and reintroduced it... just "how" is it legal to do so?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2005
  18. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

ditto for legal tint...

19. gomikeyp

gomikeyp Member

i still have my window tint. i'm going back to court this thursday for another tint ticket i got 2 weeks after my first tint ticket (one of the three tickets i got).

i told them the tint's been removed and he dropped the tint ticket. i wonder if they'll do the same this time 'cuz last time, i told him i was ticketed twice within two weeks.

20. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

what percent tint do you have michael???

21. gomikeyp

gomikeyp Member