Eurospec front end??

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by BelvnAWD, Apr 1, 2005.

1. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

I have been trying to plan some activities for my anual trip to France and decided I might head over to the Subbie dealership in France to see what kind of goodies they had. While checking out the Subaru site for France, I noticed that they have much larger fogs/driving lights than we do. They also have what appear to be little badges on the sides of the car. Anyone know if the whole lower section of the front bumber is different or just the inserts for the lights? I may have to order those if they are simply inserts...

Subaru of France

2. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

You need the JDM bumper beam for the bigger fogs on the '04-5...a super sexy mod IMHO!

Attached Files:

3. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Hmmm, that kind of sucks, but thanks for the reply! :bigthumb:

4. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Here's how it works. In the US we have laws about how safe a front end is for a car, what it needs to protect, etc. Throughout the rest of the world, they seem to not care so much.

USDM Bumper Beam ~22lbs.
    JDM Bumper Beam ~11lbs.

See the difference? You will garuntee the damage to your engine should you be in any sort of wreck. When I was in mine, my bumper beam helped tremendously, and I was rather impressed on how the engine bay held up.

Now, I have considered the JDM. This will throw you all over the place in SCCA (I believe), but the fogs are cool as . I debated getting them for the longest time. If you are sorta skeptical about it, you can take the other path which is cutting the stock bumper. I'm not so sure why people do this because IMO it seems to remove even more from the integrity...but w/e.

Lemme know if you have anymore questions.

5. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

I believe Javid had to do that right?

6. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Not entirely sure.

7. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

that pic is hot!!:jerk:

8. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I love those fog lights as opposed to the tiny little ones I have

9. slpymnky

slpymnky Member

Aren't those fog lights as big as the ones in the 02-03 WRXs?

10. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

They still look smaller, bigger than the 04/05 fog lights, but not nearly as big as the bugeye foglights.