Even nicer bank rate...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by moose, May 5, 2005.

1. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Yes, off-topic.

My favorite bank, Presidential, just raised rates again. Now up to 3.25% for a checking account. Definitely worthwhile if you have some $ earning 0.18% or whatever in the big name banks...

Also, PenFed is offering a 5% 3 year CD now. Not a bad deal either!

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

holy shit.... i might have to check that out... my wachovia account gives me close to nothing

3. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Yeah, the big chain banks are pretty pitiful as far as...well, anything, goes. The only reason to use one, in my opinion, is so you can deposit checks locally.

I have a free WaMu account for that, but I don't keep more than fifty bucks or so in it as the rate's miserable.

4. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i looked at their site real quik... seems like an online bank... how do u get ur money out? any ATM?

5. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

It's a brick and mortar bank with branches in the MD/DC area. They also have the Internet offerings for people who aren't local to them. You get an ATM card and checks like with any other bank. Just be aware the the ATM operator might charge a fee (Presidential doesn't charge you for using any other banks ATMs though).

I never use ATMs, just get cash back at the grocery store. Easy and guaranteed no fees.

6. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I am still using PSECU (Pennsylvania State Employees Credit Union) as one of my banks. I just do credit card purchases with that account. But I get around 3% interest on my checking account plus they put $4 in each month for ATM fees.