Excel Masters Come Forth.....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by wileycoyote0022, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Ok, so Im familiar with excel, and Im decent with formulas, but now I am stepping into areas a little beyond what I know. I am creating a personal budget excel spreadsheet. Ill list off the best I can what I am trying to do.....

Sheet 1 (main)
    A2 = "Mortgage"
    B2 = Payment Amount (Range = Mortgage_Payment)
    D2 = Sept
    E2 = Oct
    F2 = Nov
    ...etc...
    Row 3 = Insurance
    Row 4 = Car Payment
    ...etc...

Sheet 2 (weekly)
    Column D = 9/5/10
    D6 = Mortgage Amount Paid
    Column E = 9/12/10
    E6 = Mortgage Amount Paid
    Column F = 9/19/10
    F6 = Mortgage Amount Paid

Row 7 = Insurance
    Row 8 = Car Payment
    ...etc...

Row 21 = Total Expenses

-------------------------------

I want to be able use payment amount from sheet 1 as a reference to apply to sheet 2. When you input payment amount per week on sheet 2 it will sum up totals of weeks within a month and give either difference to be paid (forwarded to sheet 1 in corresponding month and billing company) or mark as Paid.

I have played around some with SUMIF(S), IF, COUNTIF(S), and a few others.

Overall goal here is I want to have one sheet I can put bill min amount due, which most stay the same except for the obvious like power, and for that reason is why I wanted the separate sheet for the input.
    Another sheet for inputing actual payment amounts logging payment date and amount. Then on either sheet or a new one, have a over view of payments totaling monthly, showing if payment has been satisfied or remainder amount to satisfy payment amount.

So there ya have it. Let me know if there is anyone out there who can help.....

((I know there are programs out there that will do this, but I want to do this in excel, I have a method to my madness))

2. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

3. Thanks, Ill check it out, but still doesnt answer my question.....

4. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Can you email me the excel sheet? I don't like looking at the text description. Please remove all personal info, etc, that you don't want me to see.