External Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Art & Photography' started by emstraumajunke, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Im trying to get all my photos off my desktop and I want ot have them all on an external HD. What are you using if you have one? Im looking around the 750gb to 1tb size.

2. Jewels450

Jewels450 Member

I have the wd anywhere. Its small but has a ton of space. so I can take it anywhere with my laptop. I don't know how many pics you have but that's a lot of memory. You'll never run out of memory that's for sure.

3. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Stick with Seagate and Western Digital. We have a TON of brand's at Fry's but those are the best one. I know we have a WD Mybook Studio edition 1tb for about $150. Has Firewire and Esata connections for faster transfer too.

4. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

5. FRCFED4

FRCFED4 Member

i have the mybook tb for my files and such. works pretty well and was reasonably priced

6. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

I have a maxtor 1tb and it works well. I also had a wd 500gig and I believe it ended up crashing... I think. I've always heard good about wd though and plan on getting a portable one for my mac book pro. Best of luck and let us know what you end up getting!

7. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

I've been using LaCie drives for a while now with very good results. I actually have a drive of theirs that's been in pretty consistent use since early 2004 with no hiccups. Currently I've got a LaCie d2 quadra so I can take advantage of the iMac's FW800 speed. Vroom.

8. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

WD book editions or make your own with dual drive enclosure with mirrored drives.

9. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

I have the WD mybook 500gb and love it...picked it up for $60 on black friday two years ago and haven't looked back