Fall housing

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Deke, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Deke

Deke Active Member

So I got screwed out of on-campus housing at Tech and am trying to find somewhere to live next fall. Anyone know anything around GT that's open? Haha, thanks.

-Daniel

2. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

I've heard those metropoint lofts are actually pretty decent, not sure of any links for them though.

Craig

p.s. there's always homepark

3. Deke

Deke Active Member

Yeah I've got a friend that lived at Metropoint, he liked it alright but isn't staying because management just drove up rent prices for next year. Homepark would be great, but it looks like I'm on my own (all the people I was hoping to live with are either staying on-campus or cooping). SO I'm not sure a house is the way for me to go, unless that is I just find one with an open room.

I'm new to this apartment/house renting thing. I guess if no one knows of anyplace, any tips on finding a place (where to look, what to avoid, that sort of thing) would be greatly appreciated.

I'm also hoping to keep it under or around 700 a month.

4. soobaroo227

soobaroo227 Member

DON'T LIVE AT METROPOINTE!!!!!!!!!!!! They throw away your car parts. They yell at you for having loud exhaust. They go in your rooms without prior notice, which I believe has been stopped because a friend of mine called the cops on them about that. I have had my share of yelling contests with the management because they DO NOT know how to do their jobs. If you want more reasons to not live there, just ask.

5. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

is metropoint where chow baby is?

6. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

If you are interested in living in a fraternity house, I'm sure there are a few on campus with openings. A good chunk of the time, they're not 100% full.

7. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

was the reason for having drunk x gfs passing out and staying over night??:)

8. Deke

Deke Active Member

Yeah I've heard management is crap, but then again, I've heard that about every single apartment complex aimed at students.

Seriously, someone whos shopped for rented housing, what's the best way to look? Cragslist? Anything else?

9. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

The house next to mine in Home Park is up for rent, I dont know the number but it's on Lynch Ave.

10. soobaroo227

soobaroo227 Member

No, metropointe is the apartment complex further down. Chow Baby is at 1016 The Lofts. If you go further down Howell Mill and take a left on Marietta St., you will get to M Street Lofts (some people confuse those with metropointe). At the end of Howell Mill at Marietta St., if you look kind of to the right, you can see metropointe (the huge complex) across the railroad tracks. You just take a right and go over the bridge and metropointe's entrance is just to the left. You can get there much easier by going down that road that compound is on though.