Farewell To STI Ltd #703

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by stiltd703, Feb 8, 2009.

1. stiltd703

stiltd703 New Member

Gone but not forgotten:
    View attachment 2098

The has been totaled by my insurance company, so I'm moving on.

I have a bunch of stuff for sale, but not enough posts yet so stay tuned.

Drive Safe!

TomF

Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
  2. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

DAMN.... sorry to see this.

3. stiltd703

stiltd703 New Member

Everyone walked away so I guess it had a happy ending.

Thx.

4. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

post and post lets see what you have for sale...lol

5. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

WOW! Good thing Subaru makes safe cars.

6. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

that sucks glad you're ok.What happened?

7. stiltd703

stiltd703 New Member

Damn straight - the car really absorbed the energy well. I was bummed that impact was at a slight angle causing the left "fork" of the unibody frame to crush in. That's what took the repairs over the top and forced my insurance company to total it. I think had it been a more square/perpendicular impact more of the energy would have been absorbed on the right side and I might have been able to salvage her.

8. stiltd703

stiltd703 New Member

I t-boned a 2000 Malibu on 41 north that had pulled out in front of me, realized what they had done, and then stopped leaving me no where to go. Had I tried to take an evasive maneuver I was either going to hit the curb and chance rollover or take it head-on into traffic on the other side. The reason I hit at a slight angle was I tried to not hit the driver square into their door...best choice in hindsight as everyone walked away.

9. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

well that is good, glad everyone walked away, what are you wanting to get now?

10. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

dibs on the front seats...I have leather to swap.

11. J_P

Good work keeping everybody alive. Based on a few other threads I would suggest you stay away from the 08s if you are looking for a replacement.

12. J_P

What all are you looking to part out? I've been looking for a Limited trunk for awhile now:) dibs?

13. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

that should be a swap, but they are a different color....doubt that would work with his insurance company.

14. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

if you don't want to, I will buy the car from the insurance company depending on the price.

send me a PM if you find anything out. if they give you first dibs at buying it back I will front the money and buy it from you

15. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

:wtc:

glad you're okay, man, let us know what you decide to do next

16. stiltd703

stiltd703 New Member

I planned on just taking the insurance payoff and let them salvage the car. I'm really not sure what it is worth in terms of parting it out. It appears that there is a lot of interest though so I will certainly ask my insurance co. for allowing me a counter offer based on what the salvage company offers them.

17. J_P

You're right. The only way it would work is if there is a salvage part out.

Here's a better question....

Have you started thinking about what you are going to replace it with? are you going to get another one?

18. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

check into buying it back for me :)

depends on the damage that is done and what can be salvaged. it helps to know what the stuff sells for private party. like I said I'm really interested and have the space and means/time to buy the car and sell off the parts

19. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Nicad if you get this car I want all the leather and will swap my STi interior plus cash!

20. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

I already called dibs on the front seats!

21. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

USDM interior is crap. I'll cover my guest toilet with it if you give it to me, even then it might not be worth the time :naughty:

22. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

I hope that stupid fuck you hit got the ticket! Sounds like he or she ran a red or a stop. Good job on considering human life above material.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  23. 4sevens

4sevens Member

Wow I'm glad you're ok! Your limited looks very much like mine!
    [​IMG]

24. 07Ltd#767

Don't forget mine...thankfully they didn't total mine, but it was almost $11k in damage...for an accident at less than 5 mph. I'm glad our cars are really safe, but they are built like coke cans...

[​IMG]

25. 4sevens

4sevens Member

Mine was at 30mph. So many smashed up limiteds make me want to cry.

26. osborne519

osborne519 Member

glad to here ur ok a mini van ran a light and did the same to me and now i have a torn ac joint and rotator cuff........ no fun i can barely turn a wrench or pick more then 5 pounds above my waist with my right arm

27. osborne519

osborne519 Member

oh and if u own the car u can chose to make them repair especially if its the other persons fault thats what i didt and it was over 10kdamage

28. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

they can also choose to not insure you

29. stiltd703

stiltd703 New Member

Guys - they called it quit once damages hit $18K, and they hadn't begun to look at mechanical damage...

BTW - my insurance co determined the replacement value to be $29.5K (payout even higher due to return of sales taxes), not too shabby for a 2yr old car that had an MSRP of about $33K IIRC.

30. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

You ought to buy Tray's $13999 STi and get a center diff for $1500. $15000ish you can have another STi and the rest of the money is yours.

31. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I said the same bout your mom but still usable.....:rofl:

J/K man...

32. techlord

techlord Active Member

Nicad I will go in with you I want that 6mt.

33. FACE

FACE Active Member

Sorry for your loss bro...

Wonder if there is any motor damage...I know what you want rick :naughty:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  34. stiltd703

stiltd703 New Member

Car would not turn over, although everything powered up OK (I was able to unmarry my V2 AP!).

I have a request into my agent proposing to buy it at it's salvage value. I'll let everyone know what comes out of my request. Unfortunately, without some definitive idea of the mechanical damage, I'm not sure how I can place a value on the vehicle.

35. 4sevens

4sevens Member

I was able to unmarry it too. Actually while I was doing that the battery ran dead!!! I thought it was hopeless for sure. I jumped the car and tried it again and success! The guys at cobb are pros or hired software pros! I'm software guy and crash recovery from a power outage is not a light matter!

On another note - did you pull the limited badge? I still have my #65/800 badge I'm keeping for posterity. :p

36. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

better yet. swap transmissions before they take the car away and save the 1500 you would spend on a center diff.

37. stiltd703

stiltd703 New Member

No, bummer...

OK - some of you are not going to be happy, but this response from my agent should put an end to any further discussion on parting out the vehicle:

"In regards to the vehicle you would have to hold a licence to buy salvage in the state of Georgia in order to bid on the vehicle at the salvage auction which is where the vehicle is now. Georgia laws regulate the purchase of salvage vehicles in that manner".

Sorry everyone.

38. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

no big deal. talk to your agent and find out where the car is at the yard. PM me the details

39. 07Ltd#767

haha, go be a ninja and hijack that shit :squint:

40. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

whoops meant to say which yard it was at. heh

41. stiltd703

stiltd703 New Member

OK - here is the info from my agent:

"The vehicle is with our salvage company Copart Auto Auctions at 2568 Old Alabama Road Austell, GA 30168 770-941-9775. The lot number for your vehicle is 7403529. Whoever is interested can call Copart directly to see what their procedures are for placing a bid."

Best of luck.

42. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Thanks. I'm calling now....I may be buying a car.

43. 4sevens

4sevens Member

Did you know.....

Theres a reason there are so many salvage places in alabama.
    Alabama does not require vehicles to be "salvaged" or perhaps there isn't even
    such a status for a vehicle. Also, "salvages" cars in alabama are not
    reported to the state government - which is where vin checkers like carfax
    get their information.

cars titled in alabama? buyer beware :)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  44. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

^^^ but this is in GA.

45. 4sevens

4sevens Member

der.... :grr:

46. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

just talked to my dad, having the license is no big deal. calling the salvage company now

edit: coolrex stay out of my state and leave the car to me douchenozzle

47. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

LOL.....I want those seats.

48. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

I am pretty sure he will sell you those seats coolrex...I doubt he is going to give up his V7 STi JDM seats

49. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

To the original poster.....did the airbags deploy on your seats?

50. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

V7 JDM seats > *