favorite car list

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by mokinbird87, Aug 17, 2010.

1. mokinbird87

mokinbird87 Active Member

daily (dry): porsche 911 GT3 (997 mach II gen)
    everyone prpbably guessed this one right if they know me well haha. in one word, this car is just 'orgasmic'. the way this car revs and sounds is just amazing.. not to mention its racing heritage and ergonomics. it would take days to explain all of its mechanical specs which is offered at an unbelievable price (look at what it competes with), but this is the car that stirs my emotion the most, whether it be its design or engineering.
    [​IMG]

daily (wet): audi RS4 (B7 gen)
    ever since i went for a drive in an R32 and the GTI, i`ve been a big fan of VW/Audi, particuarly its engine, design, and how effortless it is to drive fast. also the drivetrain...yea.. it is so much more nimble than subaru's awd system, perhaps due to the torque split (compared to my wrx anyways). quattro system really delivers that high speed stability i want in an awd car along with a handling feel that is still light and quick like a rwd car. audi design inside and out, and the most beautiful thing about this car is that it is very understated. would love to have one in black.
    [​IMG]

exotic (two or three times a year): ferrari enzo
    there wont be a car shaped like this in another 10-20 years in my opinion. when the performance of the car gets to this level, it doesnt matter whether its faster or slower than something else; it's purely based on design. to my eyes, it is the most ridiculous thing in the world, and thats why i love this thing.
    [​IMG]

family / gran turismo: aston martin rapide
    its an aston martin that seats 4 with room for luggage. can you say 'travel in style'?
    [​IMG]

cruising in style: ferrari california
    if you want flare, you go italian. if you want style, you go topless. so you can easily get away from a world of stupid ugly hardtop convertibles... like the 3-series for example, and get this one. and unlike many convertibles, its performance is not diluted because it was meant to be built as a hardtop contrary to... you guessed it, the 3-series. and even when you compare it to other cars in its price range nothing has its versatility. its a ferrari WITH comfort.
    [​IMG]

tuning: BMW 335ci twin-turbo
    just look at its DNA: bmw chassis, suspension, and brakes + inline 6 cyliner and twin trubo driving the rear wheels. this thing to me is like a german supra. and yes i`ll have the fixed top not the ugly robotic one. oh, for those of you that might say why not the 135...i have two excuses. the logical one is that i prefer the driving feel of the 3's longer wheel base and the extra weight disadvantage it has over the 1 would be ripped off when i tune it anyways, and the other reason is that 1 series is sinful ugly..really its a sin.
    [​IMG]

racing: subaru impreza wrx sti spec c type ra-r
    many of you might say why choose a front engined awd car for racing and here is my reason; i have driven some cars that have engine in the middle and i must admit at my skill level, i do not feel comfortable pushing 100% in them. the same reason goes for the awd layout. obviously i`m biased because i own an impreza, but out of all the cars i have ever driven, nothing is as sure footed and predictable, not to mention how easy it is to drive fast as the impreza. If i was driving on the nurburg ring for the best time, this is the car i would feel most confident in. and the ra-r is the most hardcore impreza ever built.
    [​IMG]

most anticipated: porsche 918 spyder concept
    the 918 spyder is the most anticipated car for me, because this car make everyone fall in love for porsche design (it seems like the 911 is a love it or a hate it thing but this one isnt) i mean yea its got beatiful proportions and lines, but just look at its air intakes that's shaped like guns and its touchscreen interior!! but most importantly it changes the concept of hybrid sportscars. i believe this car will influence all the manufacturers' way of thinking.
    [​IMG]

the car i wish we had in the states: TVR Sagaris
    TVR for me has so much character. so much so that it beat all my favorite iconic japanese sports cars and made me want this to be able to make it over the sea. its funky design and uniqueness along with a splash of its badass feel (no abs, no traction control) and the chameleon paint job, it's such a cool car.
    [​IMG]

i would like to see a list of your favorite cars in that category + a healthy debate on it. same thing going on in my facebook and pretty intense debate going on between my car buddies haha.

2. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

Future money pit:
    [​IMG]

3. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

^^ls swap?

4. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

Don't care, as long as there's a Z shell on top of it. It could even be all original.

5. motomark

motomark Loudest fuel pump Tucker Supporting Member

CTS-V Wagon. I'm no lover of Gov't Motors, but I really like that they are actually bringing it to market.

And since I'm dreaming how about an RS6 Avant stablemate.

And just to show that I'm not a complete eco-terrorist how about an oil burner, too?

Maybe I could convince Audi to put the 5.9L TDI from the R10 into an R8. tee-hee.