Feb 18 Hailacious Storm

Discussion in 'Art & Photography' started by Galimore, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Galimore

Galimore Member

Let's see your pics...I know you've got some. My family in Fayetteville had baseball sized hail - car windshields smashed...house windows broken...cars completely trashed at about 6pm. Fortunately my WRX and I were in Atlanta, so I don't have any pics to share. Here's some from Fox 5 News:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This touched down in Tyrone just west of Fayetteville where I went to high school.

[​IMG]
    Someone needs to learn to set the date on their camera

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I hope no one's Subie's got hit - supposed to be more coming - get that shit in a garage!
    Going to try and get some of my brother's pics from him tomorrow.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  2. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

Yeah, on my way home from Union City I cut through Tyrone and there was so much hail on the ground it looked like it had snowed. Luckily I was in the Luv and my Suby was nestled away safely in my garage.

3. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

My year old MX5 now has considerable hail dings. No broken windows, but Damnit...Ah well, I planned on keeping this car and turning into a auto-x/track car in a few years, so the hail damage will just add character, right....right???

4. Galimore

Galimore Member

Absolutely, my car still has minor hail damage all over the hood from a year or two ago. Who wants the stress of driving a spotless car? :wiggle:

5. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

i've been taking calls about this... good grief...

6. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

SHIT! I'm trying to watch Mythbusters and the NWS keeps popping up with the tornado warnings!! :squint::unamused:

7. SUBY_RUE

SUBY_RUE Member

sirens are sounding in fayette again...:(

8. SUBY_RUE

SUBY_RUE Member

9. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

10. SUBY_RUE

SUBY_RUE Member

Hey... your not thinking about the weather now are ya...huh...huh...

11. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

12. SUBY_RUE

SUBY_RUE Member

Ooooooooooooooo it b thundering hard in fayetteville.....

13. Galimore

Galimore Member

lol, ask for storm pics and get gay asian dancing instead...:rofl:

14. SUBY_RUE

SUBY_RUE Member

only in america...

15. Jake

Jake Active Member

sirens were going off all over kennesaw. Word was they closed town center mall early.

16. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

I lol'd in my pants.

[​IMG]

17. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

our sirens went off here in canton and then all i ever heard was one big gust of wind and a few rain drops then nada, i was kinda disappointed lol

18. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

I was kinda worried. I have a half dead tree in my backyard...could fall on my house with some heavy wind in the right direction...anyone know how to chop a tree down? lol

without hitting my house of course

19. undrgrndrdr15

hire someone..... or do it the redneck way and get alot of beer and alot of friends and one way or another it will come down.... thats how my neighbor did it, it gave a good laugh for a saturday...

20. undrgrndrdr15

on the other hand... notch it on the side you want it to fall then cut from the back side.... when the tree goes it will fall the exact direction of the notch you cut

21. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

I need to setup a gtg and chain it to some subys