Feeler: OEM Replacement Seat Cushions

Discussion in 'Vendor "For Sale" Classifieds' started by Alex, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I will be the first to admit that Subaru's seat cushions really do not last very long at all. If you are the least bit careless with how you enter and exit your driver's seat I am willing to wager that the bolster is mutilated as well.

After several long talks with Subaru parts about the problem, the best solution that I have come up with is to simply sell OEM replacement cushions. Remarkably, they are not that expensive. Simply put, for about $230-240 shipped you can have a brand new seat (drivers side). This is cheaper than we would charge to repair the seat cushion and is a much better route if you wish to return your seat to the way it felt when you first drove the car off the lot.

I am strongly considering offering these as a product on our website. I am curious if anyone locally would like to take advantage of something like this (at a discount for the first couple people).

Currently I have part numbers and pricing for GD STI (04-07) and Bugeye.

Let me know :)

Regards,
    Alex

2. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

This is cool. To bad its the back portion next to your kidneys that is messed up on mine.

Speaking of which Alex, you have 2004 right? Look at your seats. On the sides of the back portion you will see two areas of 'black' before you get to the blue alcantara. Look at this pic {img]http://www.bullhonkie.com/img/photos/sti/wallpaper/sti_seats.jpg[/img]
    You see the alcantara, then the two sections of black material and the the one big section that wraps around the back? I'm wondering how much you charge for enough material to fill in the two black sections? Mine are busting in between the seams.

3. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

...?

an entire OEM seat for $240?

4. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

So will this replace just the butt portion of the seat?