Fender Flares for Wagons

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by thegannoncannon, May 25, 2015.

1. thegannoncannon

thegannoncannon New Member

So I'm wanting to get some thicker/meatier wheels and tires on my 04 WRX Wagon. I've been researching and unfortunately the only real manufacturer that did this (Karlton) hasn't done it in quite some time. Does anybody know of any other people/companies in the area that are capable of this? I also understand what it involves and that it's irreversible and I'll also have to cut my fenders to do this mod. Just seeing if anyone know of any other resources available.

Here's an idea of the look I'm going for.

Attached Files:

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

karlton is doing a ver 2.0 of his flares. otherwise, you're looking at custom pieces.

I'm sure there are others out there who are making replicas/their own version. iwsti or nasioc might be good resources for those.

3. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

^^^ This.

I'm waiting for Karton 2.0.

I've heard bad reviews about all other versions.

4. thegannoncannon

Awesome, I didn't know about the Karlton 2.0. That's exciting. I guess I'll keep checking around to see an update on it. I've looked at Nasioc but not much luck. I'll check out iwsti next.

5. b reel

b reel Active Member

6. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

Pretty much what everyone else has said. The new version karltons have been in the works for a long time. Still no hard info when they will actually be released.
    Since you have a wagon, its slightly trickier as the rears are a little different, and there was 5 sets of karltons made specific for the wagon, others have shaved and fiberglassed the normal ones to work.

The carben creations version is probably the closest to the karltons I have as they were made with a karlton set. I'm not sure how the fitment is, but they seem to look a lot better than the forcewerks version which apparently has really poor fitment.

7. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

8. crazyazn

hehe man, wish i had a second set, thats literally more than double what I paid

9. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

I'm sure the guy will sell them with ease. The demand is too high right now.

edit: sold @ 900...l o l

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  10. Justin V

Justin V Member

importimage used to stock the karltons, don't know if he has any tucked away or a line on some

11. thegannoncannon

lol I saw that thread. Maybe I should open up my own business making these since demand is so high XD

12. crazyazn

yea that nasioc thread got really nuts with all the replica bashing, was really childish.
    I thought it was funny how people were making such a big deal over real karltons like they are magical, yet no one was admitting to the amount of work to finesse the fitment onto their cars, my front flares had to be cut in half and extended to get them to reach the front bumper correctly.

I have no clue how much effort it is to get the carben ones since it is shipping out of the UK, or I think they still are.

Import Image ran out of stock over a year ago, I think they still sell the forcewerks knockoffs, and I think because of that, Karlton may not sell to him anymore.

Either way, I hope for your's and Trancetto's sake the version 2's come out soon, would be neat to have other flared GD's with me around town and working out all the quirks associated with them

13. b reel

b reel Active Member

there are sedan kits on feebay as well but as with everything else on that site, buyer beware with fitment... which is kind of moot when it comes to us wagon owners