Ferrari Freestream T1

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by FTZ, Feb 8, 2006.

1. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Formula 1 for the street - the Freestream T1

Here's a car that makes the Ferrari FXX look sensible. Developed by U.K. startup Freestream, the T1 (shown above) is intended to be the world's ultimate track-day car.

The design team of Ben Scott-Geddes and Graham Halstead were responsible for the design and development of the legendary McLaren F1, and more recently the Mercedes SLR, so the T1 definitely has the right genes, and their no-compromise approach to ultimate performance has defined an amazing vehicle.

Powered by a custom-built, supercharged 2.4-liter aluminum V8, putting out 500 hp through a 6-speed paddle-shift gearbox, the T1 is essentially a two-seater Formula 1 car for the street. In fact, the 2.4-liter V8 (a Cosworth, perhaps?) is based on the 2006 Formula 1 specification. With projected acceleration from 0-60 mph in less than 2.5 sec (!), and from 0-100 mph in less than 5 sec (!!), the Freestream basically redefines the performance envelope for road-worthy vehicles. The ultra-lightweight, 1,000-lb car achieves a stunning 3g lateral acceleration.

Everything from tire selection to aerodynamics are adjustable and tunable, so it's a good thing that Freestream offer a range of "vehicle support solutions" (aka "people who know what they're doing") for T1 owners in search of the ultimate track-day experience.

The T1 is expected to be available later this year, starting at about $265,000. Production will be limited to 25 cars a year, so call now if you're interested!

Attached Files:

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i'll take one please

3. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

:drool:

4. scuby drew

scuby drew techos ftws!!EEEE

i heard scott siegel is getting one... he is thinking he can finally run a fast lap around little tally in one of these...

5. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

LOL, siegel can run a decent laptime on tgp in a minivan :rolleyes:

3g's?! holy flying assmonkeys batman! now i just need to win the lottery.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2006
  6. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

What's the #?......... :keke:

7. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Actually, sales are going to be done completely over the internet, there is no number to call. You can simply send your payment thru paypal to wrxfan420@lolsuckers.com.

8. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

very pretty!

9. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

haha.. nice car :)

10. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Man my Fiance would so kick my ass if I bought that thing.

Me: "Honey we are going to have to delay the wedding a few days"

Her: Ok how many

Me: "1267"

Her What

Me: " I bought a track car"

Her It better not be another Mustang

Me: No better its a $300,000.00 dollar Ferrari

Her Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Reload Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang

See its just not a good idea

11. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Matt, what is the mystery car in your profile. We all know you have a Supra, so it can't be that.

12. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Payment sent,when can I expect delivery? :sx: We'll have to use my garage in Aspen, as I do not feel comfortable delivering to Downtown Atlanta. Anyone up for a weekend getaway in the mountains :D

13. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Once payment confirmation is received you can expect delivery within 9 months.

14. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

i'd like to see a video of this thing in action, couldn't find anything on google...

15. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

I cant tell you what the mystery car is its a mystery,

Actually its an Impreza L Coupe, I havent even touched yet.