Finally got me some Turbo!!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Gman, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Gman

Gman New Member

Short story: Well I got me a 2008 WRX 5-door silver. I'm pumped! Hope to see some of you guys around. I live in Nashville GA, its about 30mins north of Valdosta.

Long story: I started of loving subarus by playing them in Grand Turismo. After I graduated High School my parents said they would buy me a used car. So, I got on ebay and found my first Subaru, a 2000 2.5rs impreza. I Loved that car! the handiling has saved me from many a wrecks and has made me a subaru lover for life. Now the sad part :wtc: , I had to replace the clutch this time last year but, because of my own cheap fault I didn't go to the local subaru dealer for the install. Well this past weekend I paid the price for it. I was traveling to Pigeon Forge and decided to go the mountain way (love them mountain turns) Just as we reached the top (forget the name but, its where Tennesse & N.C. meet) the clutch would not disengage. Thankfully it was right when I parked and not on the climb up the mountain. So (10/11/08), got a wrecker to get it to the place I was staying at (was a pain, waited for about 3 hrs). Monday (10/13/08) we took it to Grayson Subaru, Knoxville TN. They told me it was gonna be a new clutch job :( so, while I was waiting I went and saw "The Silver WRX" course I wasn't planning on buying it then. Anyways, they told me it would be done (10/12/08) I get a call while I'm eating lunch at the Tanger Outlets, Grayson Subaru tells me they haven't seen this before , that a spring came loose and tore up the inside of the clutch and that the flywheel was about to explode. I decided that was it, I told myself I wasn't gonna spend another $1,000. So, I called up the sales dude at Grayson's and now I have my new WRX!!! Drove through ATL at about 7:30 p.m. last night. It's a sweet ride and I can't wait to start modding it, After I recoup my funds of course :)

2. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Grats! Enjoy!

3. shaolin

shaolin Member

4. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

welcome aboard