Finally got the 240sx done

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by slowwrx, Apr 16, 2006.

1. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Well I finally finished up the 240sx(kinda). I finished putting it together two weeks ago, I threw it on the dyno to check the afrs. I got the fuel right and took it pretty much straight to the drift event at turner. Spit a shim off of one of the valves on the second run. So we packed it up in the trailer and took it back to Batlground, fixed the shim, threw on a set of sway bars and called it a day. Fast forward to this Saturday. I met Brandon at Batlground threw the car on the trailer and headed to Little Talladega.

I got to little Talledega pulled the car off the trailer and finished fixing all the little stuff Ive been meaning to do for a week. I pulled out on track did a couple of follow laps with SS and then we picked up the pace. A couple of warm up laps and then the fun started. The car is barely tuned and its sick fast, I mean way faster than I thought it was going to be, I was pulling a c-6 corvette down the straights. We think the car is about 2300lbs and its only making 330hp right now. Brandon set the fast time of the day right before the car broke(1:12 flat going counter clockwise). Lucky for us the problem this time is an easy fix. So once again its back to Batlground for some more "Track Proofing".

It was a great day. I wish I had known there were other wrx atlanta members their I would have said hello.

Big Thanks To SS for going over the driving lines, his lines through the infield turn were much different from what I was planning use. His were faster for sure.

Matt
    The car still had the welded diff in it from the drift event a couple of weeks ago, the next track event the car should have some proper coilovers and a LSD.

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i need to check this ride out :)

3. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

post some pics man i wanna see her

4. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

:werd:

I am excited, Matt, you should consider coming out to our Felini's gathering this thursday.

5. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Sounds sick. What kind of weight reduction have you done to get it that light?

6. suby113

suby113 Member

hey do you need a boost controller for it? I have one for sale. But that sounds like a fast car.

7. slowwrx

I might be able to make it to the G2G, I have to get a tag for it still. As far as weight reduction goes, lol, there is now a brake, gas, and clutch pedal, as well as a seat and steering wheel on the inside and thats pretty much it. I already have a Profec B for it and Ill be hooking it up this afternoon. Then its back on the dyno for some real tuning later this week.

Matt

8. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

hope u can make it out :)

9. scuby drew

scuby drew techos ftws!!EEEE

what motor/turbo setup are you running?

10. slowwrx

sr20det with a GT30R

11. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

man you really love those gt30r's haha

sounds like a sick car im sure its a lot of fun

12. slowwrx

yeah its a good turbo, the response is nice, and it pulls real hard up top. I have full boost at 4500 and it makes power to 8000rpms.

13. Alex

dear god :eek3:

14. slowwrx

I spit a shim when we were turning it to 8000 so I'm going to set the revlimiter to 7600, maybe it will stay together that way. I have a set of solid lifters at the house I'm going to put in it, but they are a real pain to setup the first time It will probally take a whole day and at this point I just want to drive it and have fun so I guess Ill leave it alone.

Matt

15. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

yeah, that car fucking PULLS like a rabid dog

16. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Matt, your car was crazy! It was awesome to see drift car perform so well on a road course. Hope it see it again! Oh post up when the next drift event is too.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2006
  17. Alex

There arent by chance any videos?

18. slowwrx

Its only a drift car on special occasions. I really designed it to be a time attack car. I have a few new suspension tidbits coming for it this week. The next time you guys see it I will probally have some real race rubber for it too.

M-Chan, Steve said you were turning some pretty impresive lap times as well. 1:12 are a pretty good time going that direction I think. Ive only ever been the other direction before this event, going that way Ive been 1:11s in an evo and I went 1:10.90 in a sti. That 1:10 lap was pretty balls out though, I'm not sure I could run that again without worrying about wrecking the car.

There was a kid there with a S2000, he had a video camera mount, I'm pretty sure that he has video of all of my sessions. I was playing with him some, he had good corner speed but I was having to really back off on the straights to keep from running him over. It was all in good fun though, I always enjoy following someone else so that I can see some alternative lines. I wish I had gotten to run with the more advanced group as I think I could have put in some better lap times. Ill be at all the track days that I can this year.

Matt

Hey thats cool, when did it start doing the auto merge thing, very nifty

Last edited: Apr 17, 2006
  19. Alex

Sometime last month, I dont remember when I set it up exactly. But yes, its damn nifty :D

If you can get ahold of those videos, Id love to see the car out there.

20. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

I can get an in car or a bumper or both for you to use sometime just let me know in advance it's a lot of equipment oh and a engine bay mic

any drift car can be made into a track car with suspension adjustments btw. My GS was good for both on damn near the same settings, only thing I did diff was small tire pres changes and I had a really leaned out tune so my 2nd gear wasn't as boggy.

21. slowwrx

Hopefully Ill have a cage in it by the next track day, if I do Ill have a camera mount in there. I'm going to pick up another set of seats this week so people can do ride alongs with me. Fun stuff.

Matt

22. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Guys I'll be putting up some vids of our 240SX. It is completely done and although I am not too fond of the HuGE wing it has it screams. Pulls all the way to 9000 rpm (upgraded valvetrain) and it simply screams bloody murder. Pulled the WRX nice and hard so take a guess at its power. Dyno is showing 408 hp but I personally think it's more as we all know dynos read different.

I have painfully attempted to get this thing balanced the other day and from the ride I took, I think I did a good job. When you punch it and break the rear tires loose, the car will kick out about 2 foot and then maintain it so it stays straight the entire time until you flick that steering wheel. Needless to say when you flick that steering wheel......DORIFTO TIME!

I'll have to get some vids up on the site and take some pics of it. I simply love that car!

Congrats SLOWWRX on the ride!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2006
  23. slowwrx

Sounds awesome, what turbo, cams, and valvetrain setup are you running. It feels crazy spinning a motor that high I keep wanting to let off the gas. I suspect that we will make somewhere around 400-420hp on pump gas, I'm shooting for 500 with the methanol. I'll be running the methanol ass a back up on track since Ill most likely be running pump gas boost levels. I dont see any reason for me to run more than 20lbs on a road course, its just asking for trouble.

Congrats on your ride as well

24. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Well first off this isn't my ride per se. It's the shop car ;)

Pics are at www.teamradicals.com look under members and you will see the sR engine. Click on the pic and click pic again to go to the albums. Again we need to update the pics as well as the site as we changed a lot of stuff.

Mods:
    GT2871 turbo, 720cc injectors, custom fuel rail, Full NISMO valvetrain upgrade kit (I'll have to get with Steve, owner of Radicals Motorsports) and see exactly which kit he got, TurboXS boost controller, Jim Wolf base reflash (soon to be a Jim Wolf custom flash).

25. slowwrx

very nice the 2871 is a great turbo. That car should be a blast to drive.

Matt