finally, new wheels. help me!

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by supergopher, Jan 16, 2008.

1. supergopher

supergopher New Member

i just bought new wheels! no tires.
    ive had eibach springs in my closet for half a year!
    finally i get to slap some cool stuff on, but im a retard with tires!
    so taking in the consideration that the springs will lower the car, what, about an inch and a half, what size tires can i fit on my new wheels (18x7.5 +42) without scrubbing.

thanks for the help!!!

2. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

225/40/18

3. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

^^ Yep

4. FACE

FACE Active Member

and make them REO1R'S!!!

5. supergopher

supergopher New Member

225/40/18
    REO1R's
    ...got it.

thanks a lot!
    that makes things so much easier!

6. ej205

ej205 New Member

try 235 wouldn't hurt

7. Jake

Jake Active Member

yeah 235's would've fit just fine on my lowered '02. Had 225's tho.

8. FACE

FACE Active Member

Post up some pictures when you get them on yo! (235 would be a bit better)!:wavey:

9. schneid

schneid Member

that offset is too low for a wheel of that width on the subaru so I'd go wider as opposed to narrow on the tire choice..

10. supergopher

supergopher New Member

225/40/18 REO1R's no longer made!!

the guy at tires plus on roswell rd told me this. he said they got 225/40 bridgestone fusions. what does everyone say about that?
    plus he said that spring replacement is like a 5 hour job and it cost 400 dollars in labor alone. where can i go to get some tires and spring replacement that wont give me a headache? help is much appreciated!

11. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Offer up a case of beer and somebody will do the install for you. I'd volunteer but I dont have spring compressors anymore.

Its really easy to do; jack the car up, take all 4 wheels off. I suggest breaking the top nut of the strut loose while everything else is torqued down tight (unless you've got airtools), it'll make pulling the struts apart easier out of the car. Then you undo the 2 bolts holding the strut to the control arm, then remove the 3 nuts holding the strut to the strut tower and you're done. Actually there's a brake line that you'll have to unbolt from the strut too. Once they're off the car you compress the spring and finish loosening the nut at the top of the strut, pull the tophat and spring off, throw your new spring on and tighten everything down. Put everything back in the car and get an alignment and you're done.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2008
  12. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Yea dude, wait for an install day and go pick up a spring compressor at autozone for $40. Get a couple of guys to help and then take it back. We replaced my struts not too long ago and I will be throwing some springs on there soon. Wrxatlanta buddies FTW!