Finished 6th overall at the 24hrs of lemons

Discussion in 'Vendor Chat' started by Doug@DBW Motorsports, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

So we finished 6th overall out of 94 cars. After getting a 15 lap penalty for our car being to nice at tech we started the race at 80th place and slowly worked our way up from there. I will do a full writeup later as I am about to leave for the GA Aquarium with the fams.

For anyone who knows anything about this race its far from conventional.. the penalties are hilarious. We got luck and only had two penalties other than the 15lap one for our car being to nice. The first and second place guys somehow made it the entire event without getting any penalties.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  2. ZenMotors

ZenMotors Member

Was that in the Starion?

3. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

lol that's awesome! 15 lap penalty for having too nice a car? a neon!? congrats...great finish. especially coming from 80th

4. FACE

FACE Active Member

Thats Awesome Man! yeah 15 laps, Crazy! I bet you would have been top 3 atleast without the penality!

Hope to do this race one day!

5. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

The purse placed 6th! :rofl:

6. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Too bad you got a penalty for your car being too nice. I too hope to someday do this race.

7. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Yeah without any penalties we would have won the event thats if we hadn't gotten all three. If we has just gotten the two penalties which one was for a spin and one was for metal to metal contact but not the 15lap penalty then we would have placed 3rd.

Eighter way I am hooked, this event was a blast. I plan to build a subaru for the next one

8. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Did you do the driving Doug? Sounds fun. Wished I went and spectated.

9. Doug@DBW Motorsports

No I was asked to be the Crew Chief, to setup pit stop schedules and make the decisions on what was getting fixed and what could wait. The first day was almost 9hrs of racing with no breaks... so it was a very long day. Then the second day was 6 hrs of racing with a break in between when they crush the peoples curse car.

Honestly this was our first event and for us to move up 74 positions from where we started is huge. We were the only team in the top 25 that had a 15 lap penalty put on them.

In any event.... You know how we do it here... we don't just sit around and bench race.

10. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Quoted for truth! Topspeed FTW! Congrats.