First Post

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by cleanmachine, May 31, 2007.

1. cleanmachine

cleanmachine Member

04/13/09: Used Tax return $ and got a SS tune: gained 10whp and approx 40lb ft of torque, and suspected better gas mileage; has yet to be determined.....I'l post figs after I run through a tank.

I bought a new 2005 wrx in march of 2006. The car is currently my daily driver, but i want to rebuild the engine in my gsr and drive it dailly to avoid putting miles on the subee. I am actively involved in motorsports and had the wrx on the road atlanta road course months after purchase. Below is a list of mods.

Performance:
    * spt short shifter
    * spt catback exhaust
    * up pipe, down pipe, mid pipe (mixed parts perin and others unsure of type- installed by subaru of gwinett shortly after purchase when catback exhaust was added)
    * K & N Filter
    * cobb access port (stage II setting)
    * 19 by 7.5 Track light Motegi Racing wheels (forged series, weigh only 8.3kgs)
    * on Toyo Proxex4 225/35/ZR19
    * Powdered coated factory wheels- flat black
    * Carbotech Bobcat Brake pads
    * Goodridge SS Brake lines
    Visual:
    * 3M clear bra
    * shaved subaru off trunk lid

Interior:
    * Sparco shift knob

Recently I was involved with the Year One Experience which is an awesome show if you like the musclecar scene. The cool thing about this event is it gives you an opportunity to participate in free autocross and gives you access to road atlanta track events and the opportunity to run at the Atlanta Drag Strip in Commerce. I did participate in a track day and impressed alot of the other drivers in various cars on the track. I had vette and viper drivers coming up and telling me how surprised they were to see the wrx getting along nicely on the track. I also ran my car at Commerce for the first and only time, launched at about 4k and ran a 13.6 @ 99mph.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  2. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

welcome to the boards!

3. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Aspen White, the best color when clean!!! Welcome!!

4. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

Welcome to the boards.

My wife was telling me yesterday that she saw a white wrx with a white windshield banner on it somewhere over off Medlock Bridge (or over in that area anyways).

5. cleanmachine

cleanmachine Member

I work in Duluth

I work off of Abbotts bridge road so i am in the Duluth, Gwinett area frequently.

6. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Welcome! :wavey:

7. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

welcome to the boards dude

8. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

WRONG.

But welcome to the community anyway :wavey:

9. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

No, you're teh WRONG...

10. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Fine, I'll settle it. You're BOTH WRONG. :p

11. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

very nice! welcome aboard

12. cleanmachine

cleanmachine Member

figured the picture thing out

13. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Welcome!

You've got a pretty sweet ride, no doubt.

14. savsuby

savsuby Member

welcome to the family

15. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Welcome to da suby La Familia:wavey:

16. cleanmachine

cleanmachine Member

Thinking of utilizing some more tax return money and putting tires on the 19s. Also considering adding a colored lip or inner lip....but I also like the practicallity of riding on factories.....hmmmm?

17. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

welcome!