Fisherman catches 11ft 844lb Mako in Destin FL

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Weapon, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

2. Nitro

Nitro Active Member

Yummy shark meat is the shit:naughty:

3. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Now that is a huge Mako.....WOW!!!.

Mark

4. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Why couldnt they just let that thing go? It needs to make babies and they need to become more big smart makos like deep blue sea...

5. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

You're so gay... :rofl:

6. lsnaple

lsnaple Member

anybody read the comments on the bottom of the page? im no expert scientist and i am a hippie, but some of those people are ridiculous. i think if they eat it, then its cool. if it was a life and death battle, and the person won, then its cool. now if they just killed it just to show everybody that they killed it, then yea thats ignorant. but i dont understand how everyone thinks they know the sharks population is depleting etc. really, how do they know? not even the scientists could know, because there is no way to tag every single fish in the sea. death is a part of life, this shark was going to die eventually. all those people saying poor shark, poor shark...i bet they not once said poor cow when they were eating a hamburger. we need to eat to survive, and that means something has to die. hell even the vegetarians are killing if they think about it.

7. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

Well if you keep killing off the adults, their rate to create off-springs decreaes and the negative result decreases population at a exponential rate, so with population models and extrapolate from actual data, the general consensus is that there is a sharp decrease in shark population.

And your "it's going to die anyways" logic is invalid, by your logic everything is going to die at life's ends, death is inevitable so there is nothing worth saving in our world, eventually the human race and the planet is going to die...

8. lsnaple

lsnaple Member

lol I didn't mean it that way. Just that there is a ridiculous amount of people that think their opinion is the only one that could possibly be right. That shark may have already made babies, possibly many times. But my logic, everything is going to die at life's end, is true. You said it yourself. What I was saying, is it's not worth it to me, to go hungry and die from hunger, to save the shark or whatever else I eat. I'm saying that for organisms to live, some must die. I understand the rate that they are decreasing, but we will never know the total amount of every living shark on Earth, so while there are less we don't know if they are almost extinct.

Killing the animal just to kill it, that's stupid. Yes I doubt they are going to eat it, so yes I do believe they should have let it go.

9. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

A mod posted this and the Site Admin posted in it and its in the wrong section, we have started down the long slow path to mediocrity...:keke:

10. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

We should ban Weapon

11. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

That's a huge bitch!

And we'll be in Destin in a week and a half. The grouper there is awesome. We've never had shark before, but now, shark will probably be on our to-do list too, mmmm.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2007
  12. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

really! then I could get some work done :)