flipping DP bolt

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by lostinthewoods, Nov 16, 2005.

1. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

4 / 5 bolts are loose. Just that damn one on the inside under the IC. I guess I may break down and remove the IC... blaaaaaaaaaaah

2. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

when installs go bad........ :grr:

3. lostinthewoods

its going actually real well. drinking beer. takin my time. all bolts are loose minus the one. I was too lazy to remove the IC. i guess its comin off.

4. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

i remember i had to take off the intercooler when i put my BOV on (dropped an allen wrench into engine bay)...could've used a beer!!!.....you gotta be cold, it's freezin out!!!....

5. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

hit me up on the aim pullin the ic is super easy

6. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Yeah, I got away with doing DP/UP without it, but it's easy as hell to pull... took some effort and assistance to wrestle the motherbitch back onto the VF34 though; the hose really didn't want to go over the compressor outlet.

Also, PB blaster == your friend. Also breaker bar == friend (and foe if you try to tighten the bolts with it, please don't do this and use a torque wrench--25 lbs-ft on everything cept manifold to head which is 28). Also AIM me @ ForceFedWagon if you need anything, I'll be online another half hour or so.

7. lostinthewoods

IC is off. just pb blasted that last bolt. another 20 mins and hopefully it will gracefully come off. ahhhhhhhhhhhh.. half way done. Too many damn trips to the store and back for odds and ends LOL

8. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

^^ just be glad it's not your only means of transportation.

9. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

maybee too much beer is making it difficult? :dunno

10. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

From the sounds of it I guess you found a place that has PB. On a 2005 I'd have figured those bolts would have come right off.

While the IC is off maybe you could express your desire to get a street bike to your wife. I'm sure she'd settle on you upgrading the IC since it's already off. ;)

Mods... The never ending quest.

11. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Be a man, pull the IC :keke:

12. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

nice... :rofl:

13. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

soooooo did u get it done? or did u pass out drunk in the garage :D

14. lostinthewoods

It got done. Just took me a while bc I didnt have a few things so I had to make runs to the store.

All done.

15. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

yay! hows it feel/sound?

16. lostinthewoods

Actually the good ole butt dyno feels like it pulls better. Sounds a little bit deeper to.