For all the bike heads! (Hayabusa asshat with fake speedo)...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BelvnAWD, May 18, 2007.

1. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

2. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

I don't know if it's the same video (no youtube at work) but there was one floating around where the guy used a yellowbox (calibration unit) to make the speedometer read a LOT higher than it should. Busas are fast, but you need some very serious modifications to get up to 220...

3. BelvnAWD

In this video the guy basically starts out on a straight stretch of desert looking road, does a wheelie to 130 and then settles down for a pull up to 220 and 11,000rpm...

4. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

I just checked with my 'busa owning buddy, and he said it's a video from a guy who'd just replaced his gauge faces and changed his gearing and not adjusted the speedometer for it. So yeah, it's not going anywhere near that fast. :)

5. BelvnAWD

What a bummer....

6. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

Shifting through 3 gears on the rear wheels is still impressive. It's a shame the video wasn't 100% real.

7. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I'd bet he's still going 190+... and you can't tell me holding that wheely till 120+ isn't impressive!!!

8. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

He's not going 190, dude. Hayabusas are fast, but 190 is still 190 and he sure as hell isn't getting there so quickly.

9. Deke

Deke Active Member

I dunno, he pretty much topped out it seemed, and I'm pretty sure the hayabusa's top speed is around 190. So if he's modded (which supposedly he's turboed) I wouldn't at all be surprised.

Last edited: May 19, 2007
  10. keevo54

keevo54 New Member

seems like a turbocharged Busa and it was probably 195-200mph, which isnt to hard to do

11. Brian

Brian Active Member

12. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

13. Deke

Deke Active Member

I'm just saying that unless the guy in the first video had a busted ass bike or the most retarded gearing known to mankind, he was going at least 190, without a doubt. He was in 6th gear at 11,000 rpms on a 1300cc race bike.

As for the second video, that bike is indeed sick (even though it is hideous) and he is obviously a very good rider. However, it doesn't change the fact that he is undoubtedly an ignorant douche. But hey, I guess when someone changes lanes and has neon turd with a $20k engine slam into the back of them at least he'll help weed out the gene pool. Also it will be very entertaining when his friend catches it all on tape and posts it on streetfire.

Haha, whew, sorry about that. That animosity just came from multiple times of driving down 75 or 85 and being passed by 10-20 race bikes going 120+ and weaving in and out of traffic.