For the computer/internet savvy

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by emstraumajunke, May 8, 2009.

1. I've been strongly thinking about putting together a web site for my photography that will be more of a portfolio instead of what I have now which is a gallery type thing with smugmug. Don't get me wrong the smugmug thing is nice it makes selling print easy as cake when I do a wedding or a family type thing and even some of my automotive stuff, but when people are trying to get an idea if they want to hire me or not they have to dig through a ton of pictures and can't see a lot of the wedding ones cause there all locked.

Now the problem I'm very HTML or anything else web site design stupid. But I found a site called Templates monster which has a ton of templates that I can use and edit to fit what I want it to. So my question is how hard are these to edit? anyone every use these before? How do I get it from point A to point B then after edited get it to point C?

Cause my main goal is to have a very simple site that easy to go through and see my work and then there will be a section that is for clients where they can click which will take them to smugmug and they log in to view there event and purchase prints if needed.

Thanks for your help I know its kind of long and well the grammar sucks.