Forged Performance: Porsche 997 GT2 Baseline Dyno

Discussion in 'Forged Performance' started by Chadbee@Forged, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Yesterday we had a customer bring his absolutely beautiful 997 GT2 to the shop for some baseline dyno pulls in preparation for future upgrades we will be performing for him. Jeramie, the owner of this GT2, participated in a Porsche exclusive track event with us last year and even did a few hot laps with instruction from Sharif to get those lap times down. After spending more time with him, he told us he was interested in pumping a little more power out of his current set-up while still keeping the stock like street manners and driveability.

For those who are unfamiliar with the GT2; it is a very special edition of the classic Porsche 911. It is powered by a twin turbocharged 3.6 liter 6-cylinder engine which is mounted in traditional Porsche rear-engine fashion. This allows the GT2 to reach 60mph in 3.6 seconds and reach a top speed of 204mph! Many people regard the GT2 as one of the most ferocious road going vehicles on the current market. With its curb weight of 3200lbs and only transmission option of a true 6 speed manual, it is a very powerful and raw machine. For most people the off the showroom floor 530HP power is more than enough... but Jeramie is not your average enthusiast. Since purchasing the car he has upgraded:

• Intake
    • Intercooler
    • Header
    • Exhaust
    • AWE ECU Calibration

On our Dyno Dynamic Dyno this resulted in a very impressive 495whp! Stay tuned for a future thread as we upgrade the OEM turbos to aftermarket 68mm units that have the capabilities to push an additional 200+whp to the rear tires of this gorgeous GT2.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  2. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

3. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

4. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

Damn this car is fucking sick!!!! Absolutely love this mofo!! Regardless of price range, this thing is a str8 beast compared to anything. 0-60 mph time is truly unbelievable considering its a true 6-speed and it requires a gear shift to hit 60 (unlike vettes and Vipers). keep us updated with this thing please!!

5. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Pure awesome.

6. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

I would kill all of you for this car.

7. whitepony22

whitepony22 Member

Damn. That is a beautiful car.

8. slade1274

slade1274 Member

I'm man enough to say I'm not man enough for that car.... But, WANT