former marine takes out 4 robbers!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by feelthebreak, May 30, 2006.

1. feelthebreak

feelthebreak Member

have anyone of you been listening about this so far today? a former marine leaving work monday night was attacked by 4 robbers the police have been looking for and killed 1 and wounded another...

pulled from fox5altanta...

ATLANTA (AP) Atlanta police say a former Marine turned the tables on his attackers -- killing one and wounding another with a knife as they tried to rob him. Detective Danny Stephens says 36-year-old Thomas Autry was walking to his girlfriend's home from his job waiting tables at a restaurant in Midtown Atlanta around 11 pm yesterday when five people in a car approached him. Autry began running down the street yelling for help as four people in the car got out and chased him. Stephens says one of the attackers had a shotgun and another had a pistol. The suspects eventually caught up with Autry. But Autry -- who managed to pull a knife out of his backpack -- kicked the shotgun out of one of the attacker's hands. He then stabbed a teenage girl who jumped on him and a man who attacked him. The suspects ran back to their car and drove off. Police found them later at a hospital, where the teenage girl was pronounced dead. Stephens says another man remains in critical condition. Stephens credited Autry's military training with helping him fend off his attackers, who are suspected of having committed other robberies in the area over the last week. He says the suspects will face robbery and aggravated assault charges. Police expect to solve other recent robberies now that the suspects are in custody. Stephens says Autry -- who sustained a cut to his and a bruise on his chest -- will not be charged.

my dad called and said he was working at atlanta medical center today where the robbers fled to get help and talked to one of the nurses he said the nurse told him the marine stabbed the girl that jumped on him at the belt line and pulled the knife all the way up to her throat.

Last edited: May 30, 2006
  2. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

don't mess with military peeps....hope this will deter future robberies, cause you never know who your gonna come across...

3. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

+1 For military people.

Was hanging out with some friends Sunday night when some kid in the parking lot gloats that he "F'd James' little sister". James wasn't there at the time, but heard about it and was there in less than 2 minutes. Fortunately the other dude hauled ass as soon as he said it, cuz he didn't know James was just released on medical discharge from the marines (injured while at sniper school, healing took longer than 6 months so automatic discharge).

:wavey: :rofl:

4. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

from the belly to the throat? ouch.

5. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

depressing... the girl that jumped him was pregnant at 16.

this whole story just sucks... :(

6. feelthebreak

feelthebreak Member

well she should have been smart enough NOT to rob other people and she probably didn't even know she was pregnant they said she was 2 weeks pregnant. i'm sure her son would have been a real winner. sad but true.

i wish he would have killed all four. they deserve it. maybe i'm just more sensitive to these issues after watching my best friend killed after getting sucker punched in the back of the head.

Last edited: May 30, 2006
  7. Mad Mallard

i'm sure the marine doesn't wish he killed the first one, let alone all 4...

and I'm sure you're not the kind of person who wouldn't wish he hadn't killed someone.

8. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

Nobody likes hearing about somebody dying. But IMOP, rather them than him, he did nothing wrong.

Craig

9. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

wow..im glad he survived and turned the tables..it sucks that someone had to die but If someone is threatening your life you have every right to take theirs. I am all for protecting my home, my family and my personal well being with deadly force.

10. Mad Mallard

yeah, don't misunderstand me. He was definetly in the right. I also support the individuals right to respond with deadly force when threatened. I'd be the first in line to tell the guy he did nothing wrong.

but...I'm sure he has at least a little bit of hindsight wondering if there's anything else he could have done.

11. Weapon

yea..i think most "normal" people would feel some remorse from killing someone even if there was no other way out of the situation.

12. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

i keep a rocket launcher at home so if sum1 wanna rob me and run i will rocket their car killing every1 in there including my shit ... rofl.. just kidding...

also its sad sum1 had to die.. if i was to deside if i die or the guy who is trying to take my money while gonna kill me anyway i would do my level best to get into rage of killing him before he kills me.. atleast i can say in hell or heaven i tryed to survive..

13. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

wtf?

14. Weapon

:eek3: :dunno :eek3:

15. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

rofl i was just kidding..