forster sti

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by flip, May 4, 2006.

1. flip

flip Member

Not sure if i'm the only one, but i didn't realize they made a Forester STi!!! Thats sweet! :)

[​IMG]

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i dont think thats in the US though :(

3. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

yeah i don't think so either. why do they hold out on bringing cars like that here?! i don't think emissions would be a factor w/ the Forester STi???

4. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I wish they would bring the Forester STI to the US, that thing is bad ass.

5. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

yeah man, they have a sti legacy and outback (I believe) as well.

6. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Yes, the entire Subaru Line aside from the Baja and Tribeca come in an STI Trim.

7. longfury

longfury Active Member

I think the main reason we don't see alot fo these types of vehicles is simple.

The cost of getting one certified for US street use is expensive. Even though the Forester is sold here it would still be costly. They have to weigh that against how many they can sell and how much they can make profit. If they find that they can justify the cost ot legalization then they bring them.

Also they would be fitting a different engine in the US cars since they use the 2.0L in japan and SOA has phased out the EJ20T in the US.

8. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

the legacy and impreza sti use the 2.0 but the forester uses the 2.5 :D:D

9. longfury

longfury Active Member

I was not aware they had upgraded the new Forester STi. Thanks for the correction.

Still, The question they ask themselves is "Is there a large enough market to justify the cost of legalizing the car for the US?"

I think that the market for the Forester STi is too small and thats the reason we won't see it here.

Last edited: May 4, 2006
  10. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

car and driver had a small article about it a few months back.

11. flip

flip Member

Yep, you're right. But its sweet :).

12. Demo24

Demo24 Member

fifth gear did a review on it just the other day. They compared it to an STI and interestingly the forestor was only 1 sec behind. Pretty impressive, no DCCD though.

Every where else gets so many great subarus. Special versions of Legacys, I believe its S304 is the code name.

13. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

there was a video postes on the site somewhere

14. Demo24

Demo24 Member

I can give you a torrent link to the whole show if you want it

15. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

it's in off-topic..
    btw the reason all subyz r not sti's r because they would be the best cars and wagons in their class so not to be world domiment subys stays in their own places..