Forza motorsports

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Weapon, May 3, 2005.

1. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

Forza motorsports for xbox comes out today..for anyone interested..:cough: Amol :cough:

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Weak sawce!

3. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i want it... TURBO BOOST !!!!!!!!!!

4. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Milo, I am coming over tonight!!!

5. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i dont have it yet!!!! but i cant wait!!! TURBO BOOST

6. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Vrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmm PSSSSSSSSTTTTTt

7. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Kris, was this a best buy thing, I stopped at Gamestop and they said my copy should be in tomorrow. But, it looks like we are going to have the baby tomorrow. So, I'll catch up next week when I am home....

8. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Good luck with the Baby, if I had the money right now, I would probably go to Walmart after work to see if they have it, but I can't spend any more money at this moment. Hoping Milo gets off his lazy butt and gets it tonight so I can go to his place and see it.

9. Weapon

yes some of the best buy stores had them..mine did not..friggin slakers..anyway frys has the best price so far..34.99

10. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

yeah dude... i might have to make a trip down to frys tomorrow

11. Weapon

yea dude totally

12. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Yeah I'll probably swing by fry's too since my roomie over the summer has an Xbox but he's not too into racing games.

13. longfury

longfury Active Member

14. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i played it at kris' place... all i can say is :bowdown:

15. Genya

Genya No Longer Up At Odd Hours

Awesome I wanna play...

If only due to them having my dream swap in there. Corrado Vr6 to 24v Vr6 Swap :ddirty:

One day...

16. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

im not a big fan of the physics since im so used to gran tourismo but ill have to get it so i can play online with you guys. you have started the WRXatlanta car club on live havent you?

17. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

forza is a simulator too so the physics are awesome... in fact they have structural and functional damage besides just tire wear... yesterday we experienced everything from bent frames to brake fade

we also pimped out a STi spec-c to put out 520+ hp... 0-60 in 2.4 sec... it was sick fast

18. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

for anyone who is interested... fry's is having a 2 day sale on forza that ends today (thursday)... it costs $35.88... this sale may not be extended... also i believe u can only buy 1 copy per person per day... so if u really want it and wanna save 15 bucks, i suggest head up there ASAP

19. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

So did you go get it Milo. I can't wait to see it. After playing at Kris's last night, do you think it is as good or better than GT4?

20. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

yeah i picked up my copy today

i think graphics are better... theres more damage... there are ferraris...

i guess its gonna be personal preference as to which one is better... but my vote goes to forza

21. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

The damage is the one thing that always bothers me about GT games. I like being able to see damage. Also I hate how in GT even if you run out of gas, you don't really run out of gas. They just limit your speed to 50 mph. Oh, well, can't wait to see Forza. Let me know if you are down for some company tonight. I get off work at 6.

22. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

im picking my parents from the airport at 6... dunno what their plans are... if they go to bed early, then i'd love to have company... i'll holla at u later

23. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Cool, have fun with the rents

24. BelvnAWD

Glad to hear everyone likes it. I will hopefully pick up my preorder some time over the weekend. The baby and mom are doing well and a pic is posted in the newbies thread!

25. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

How long was the labor? How much does the baby weigh? Any complications or is she nice and healthy?

26. Weapon

hey jason i think mike is going to stop by my place and play for a few..so if anyone wants to join in give me a call

27. BelvnAWD

How is everyone coming with the career mode? I just sat down to play today for about 3 hours and have won at road atlanta and New York. Almost have the last race figured out. I picked the Ford Focus SVT as my first car as I used to have one. Anyways, I like the game so far, just haven't had too much time to play it...

28. Weapon

im at 18% complete on career

29. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

20 somethin percent... i believe level 26 or somethin... i got a GT nsx and a GT 911 gt3 :ddirty: and a 877 hp z06

30. BelvnAWD

OOOOhhhh...stuff to look forward to! Anyone doing the xbox live thing with this game, or willing to?

31. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i probably will

32. Weapon

i probably will also..whenever everyone else gets hooked up..let me know

33. BelvnAWD

Sweet, I will move mine upstairs soon so I can hook it to the net. I;ll also use the two free months that we got.

34. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

my name on xbox live is bagpipes1128 if anybody wants to add me to their friends list. Now, I can't for the life of me beat the Corvette challenge! I think I've upped my power so much that I can never keep grip. every time I take the smallest angle change at high speeds I almost lose it. It's a little better with those $20,000 tires, but I still don't have perfect traction.
    Craig

35. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I am having the same problem. I have found that if you over gear the car you don't have enough power to spin the tires. Once on the straight again, drop down a gear or two. That might help. That Viper is too fast though. I don't have any more power mods to do to the Vette, but I can't keep up with the Viper. That is the only race I have left in the Beginner section.

36. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i did all the power mods on the z06 minus the engine tuning... gives u enough power to be faster than the rest and not smoke ur tires in 4th gear... might wanna also mess with the final drive along with the suspension stuff in the tuning section... that worked ok for me against the viper too

37. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I am not using the Z06, maybe I should. I am using the 427 whatever it is and it is just not fast enough.

38. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I think it is the Chevrolet Lingenfelter 427 Corvette

39. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i used the lingenfelter against the viper... my z06 has higher ratings than the lingenfelter but the lingenfelter was much more predictable to drive... i beat the viper in every race except one... i let the drivatar do the last one for me

40. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I switched to the Z06 last night and destroyed him. I have all the beginner Races done, all the point to point except for the Porsche Race and the Skyline Race. Like 5 of the Professional races, and just started on my first Extreme Series. I think I am at around 29% done.

41. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

im at level 29... havent completed any particular race sets.... i just try to go for the big money races with fast cars... have not played in the past few days though