Free Charge when i go for a bike ride

Discussion in 'LeafAtlanta' started by goixiz, Jun 27, 2014.

1. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

55 miles on bike later = full charged car and
    5 miles before i get back to a cooled down (remote AC via cellphone)

[​IMG]

2. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

Are those power stations easy to find? I rarely notice them at places.

3. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

Use the apps for phone or PC
    Plugshare , chargepoint, etc,....

Answer your Q Yes
    But when you need it there is always not enough
    The leaf is not for everyone especially if your commute is more than 60 miles roundtrip.

4. FACE

FACE Active Member

Thankfully my parking deck is powered and I can charge while at work for the extra stops on the way home. If I have no extra stops I can run the AC and still make it home.

Ming, you ever ride with Burke?

5. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

Yup i spend a lot of hours riding with my eye doctor :)
    but he is now gone over to the dark side and i cant keep up with him on the distance but on the short distances my age still has an advantage. :)

Here is my new add on
    [​IMG]

6. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

What keeps someone from stealing a charge cable as a joke?

7. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

One can never eliminate all the "asswipes" at least one do not need to explain why they end up under the car

8. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

Can the cable be stolen while charging though?

9. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

What app are you using for the recording on the phone?
    Is the phone holder 3D printed, or is it a purchaseable item? It looks like it was made on a 3D printer.

10. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

you ever come out and find them unplugged?

11. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

Hehehehehe that would be freaking hilarious.

12. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

It locks until it's charged. An asswipe wouldn't be able to unplug it-unless you're not using that function, or they physically destroy the handle.

13. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

Does it lock on both ends?

14. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

Sure anything can be stolen - If someone really wants it bad they can break the lock - There are 3 options - OFF - AUTO - Lock (Chk user manual) to lock the connector to the charge cable. My charge cable stays in my garage - if i did not plan for the route then its my fault and deserve to get standed - the OEM cable is 110 only so wont help much.

Commercial Charge stations do not require your charge cable and they are usually 240V and @6.6kW it will take about 4 hours for full charge.

I would like to see a youtube of some not so smart person cutting that cable.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
  15. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

pEd, ill make one for you on my printer - do you have a Samsung SG3 if not i need the width and thickness to change the part to fit your phone.

16. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Can you make one for me also? My center console is slightly different but has that same lip. I have a samsung galaxy note 3

Ped has a Moto X

17. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

Proper tools.........

But it's cool that you can have your car cool down before you get to it. That's one feature I wish my truck had as I'm out scouting my hunting grounds.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  18. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Good luck with that. 240V is something I wouldn't want to mess with while live.

19. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

LOL again proper tools....I have family that are linemen and electricians....I thought the same thing once and was shown that with proper tools and common sense it's nothing.

However I'm not cutting any cables....just was thinking of the tools in Atlanta.

20. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

Bixenon is now on the car - :rock:

pics from phone cam

The cutoff is nice for a non projector lens
    [​IMG]

The increase brightness and the contrast of objects is what i really appreciate
    [​IMG]

I took a differnet route and made an adapter to eliminate the need for any drilling and made the install a very simple - tru plug and play [No cutting / No Drilling / NO Sealant] AND to go back to stock is a 20 minute conversion.

Attach are the pictures of the 3d printed adapter (orange color) i added and how the ballasts and controller are mounted .....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  21. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Must be nice to be able to see at night. My headlights suck in the Leaf, and the high beams are even worse. Luckily I don't drive much at night.

22. FACE

FACE Active Member

I love the phone holder! If you want to make ne for the HTC One in an otterbox I have a sample for measurements :)

And heard Burke is doind a 750 mile ride...insane I tell you!

23. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

My new ride on 2 wheels
    [​IMG]

24. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

what's her name?

25. goixiz

goixiz Active Member