From WRX to STI

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by TougeTuned, May 8, 2008.

1. TougeTuned

TougeTuned Banned

So i know its been a while. i have been layed up with back problems to the point that i needed rehab/therapy so i could walk properly again from my car accident.

I don't know if any of you know but i was in a turn lane. just had gotten a green light was half way threw the intersection when someone in the far lane (which was empty) blew threw the red light and id this to my baby:

http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k36/GoddessFae/wrx%20wreck/

Because he was in a suv and hit me so high and on a weird angle. none the of airbags went off which didnt help me one bit. but thats not subaru's fault thats just some very shitty odds! Ended up with several pinched nerves in the back and neck and i now require a epidural once every 2 months at least. But i am alive because that little WRX held up like a champ for me! mind you the guy might have slowed down to 50 when he hit me ...

But enough about that. i am back to myself (about 80%) so i can at least live it up and drive some. in comes the new car:
    http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k36/GoddessFae/the%20STi/

For those of you that know him. this was Bob @ SoG's STI. the mod list includes

ECUtek tuned by some dude named siegel back when he worked there

Gigantic Downpipe (He couldn't remember the brand so if someone could point it out i would appreciate)

as for power.... i was told by the man who tuned it it was around +50-60 HP stock and no idea on the torque. i do know its on a safe tune and does need some dyno time. I love it. it already seems slow to me but i guess that means i have gotten use to it. Now the real trick is figuring out what to do next for power. I really only want/ need 20-30 more whp/trq

2. Galimore

Galimore Member

Ouch! Grats on the new wheels though, thing's a beast. Any sexy parts to pull off the WRX or is it long-gone?

3. bsigari62

bsigari62 Member

im glad your getting better, at least now you got yourself a nice sti! congratulation

4. TougeTuned

TougeTuned Banned

long gone or i would glady let people pick off it. actually insurance company sold it out from under us before we could buy it back!

5. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Sorry to hear about your wrx.... you going to use the STi for your race series? Or is it still a DD?

6. TougeTuned

TougeTuned Banned

DD i am in no shape to race unfortunately.. still not 100% but i am alive

7. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Sorry to hear, glad ya gettin better. congrats on the new wheels.

8. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Sorry to hear about the car. But good thing your ok and and came out the hole thing with a nicer car.

9. FACE

FACE Active Member

sorry to hear about this man but glad your ok!

FYI...not just some dude named siegel...its The Scott Siegel who is now at topspeed ;)

10. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Glad to see you're back :)

11. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

I'm sorry to hear about the horrible accident, but at least you are in an STI now. Very nice ride. If you are interested in another solution instead of getting shots every few months and actually fixing the problem, send me a PM or call me. I may be able to help.

12. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

glad you are okay, congrats on the sti

13. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Lol I think he was being sarcastic Alex

14. TougeTuned

TougeTuned Banned

heh yeah i know im just messing. i dont wan to be like OMGWTFBBQ SCOTT SIEGEL TUNED IT...lol :ddirty:

15. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

who's Scott Siegel?

16. Alex

[​IMG]

17. WRX_SVXGirl

WRX_SVXGirl Member

he's the Santa Claus of WRX/STI not to mention a tuning GOD!

18. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Welcome back.

19. FACE

FACE Active Member

;) glad your back dude

20. TougeTuned

TougeTuned Banned

Thanks :) i will say one thing. allstate took care of the car issue vey well. the adjuster said "these cars are awesome and retain they;re value well" and gave us what we owe on it plus 200$ Dealing with them and the medical bills that were involved however is a completely different matter:pssh:

21. Alex

Not covered for medical?

22. WRX_SVXGirl

WRX_SVXGirl Member

we are but only up to a certain amount.

23. TougeTuned

TougeTuned Banned

well per my attorney (Miller and Mixon) it was 100% suppose to be covered by Allstate. It so wasnt. they covered $1000. which doesn't even come close to covering all of the expense occurred during the accident. the main issue being i had just switched insurance providers because i switched employers (went from blue cross to signa) so i was in between at the time and didn't have medical coverage.. figures the one time im not covered...

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  24. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

Welcome back man! I'm sorry to hear you're banged up but I'm glad to see you back on the boards. I saw your old WRX up at SOG...that was a bad hit and it's great you came out of it.

Congrats on that baller-ass STI, too. :)

25. Nitro

Nitro Active Member

yo yo glad you're back homie!!! niceeeeee new whip:ddirty: