Front endlinks

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by SubiNoobi, Jul 1, 2007.

1. SubiNoobi

SubiNoobi Supporting Member

what is the difference between a sedan endlink and a wagon endlink?

Is it just the size, or is it the diameter of the bolts used?

2. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

its how its mounted and yet the bolt sizes is not the same

3. SubiNoobi

4. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

those in the pics were old hotchkis
    then i got the new hotchkis wagon still was not right and now i make my own and am happy

5. SubiNoobi

You make your own, eh?
    Did you make a DIY endlink thread?

Are you making some for sale?

I ended up modifying some STi links and they fit pretty tight now. I had to sleeve the part that attaches to the control arm. But its worth it, I have a 27mm fsb on my wagon

Last edited: Jul 1, 2007
  6. WJM

WJM Banned

Wagon endlinks are plastic. The same ones used on the 98~01 2.5 RS (and many other subaurs).

Sedans from 2002+ have metal pillowball endlinks that you would be a complete retard for 'upgrading'. Unless you break one, you do not need to change them. Even if you break one, a stock replacement one is only $55.

STi's, certain Foresters, most Legacys from 2000+ and all Tribeccas have the same style rear endlinks. The Tribecca has a much larger and tougher front endlink the same build style as the other sedans.

7. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

yes but unless you have access to a CNC machine or a mill it would not be easy. therefore no DIY. I plan to offer it to all wagons later because of the awkward mount the car has and if you lower it mor than 1/2" it is even worst.

if you have a 27 FSB and the endlink is canted you will break the endlink eventually