Gas prices not slowing SUV sales

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by moose, May 19, 2006.

1. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I was reading Feb 2006 Road and Track this morning and stumbled upon this and it gave me a chuckle.

Regarding the sales, let me just say that people are idiots.

3. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

in a perpetual sense ;)

4. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

People are idiots. I remember back when all you heard about was how unsafe SUV's were. But now it's like people buy them just because they think bigger = safer. Idiots.

5. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

They are safe, to the driver, its a death sentence for the small honda they hit though.

6. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

A rather substantial percentage is single-vehicle accidents though. And it's clearly been shown that SUVs are far from the safest vehicles there.

7. Brian

Brian Active Member

Now that SUV sales suck, now is the time to get a great deal on one! If you don't drive far regularly and can afford the SUV, gas shouldn't be too bad. Here's the #'s.

$700+/mo car payment compared to (280mi/mo / 13mpg * $3 =) $64 for gas a month... it's still not an issue. Lots of people have more than enough money to fill up SUV's even at $10/gal. ($200/mo)

8. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Who the heck drives 280 miles/month? :)

9. Brian

Brian Active Member

Not the majority in Atlanta that's for sure. I would only do ~480 a month if it weren't for g2g's & track days & mountain runs. Several of my co-workers do <300 a month since they live close by.

10. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

i hate it when women are drivign big SUVs...talk about annoying

11. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

you heard that new country song yet about small women and big suvs? i dont like country but i saw this thing on tv about that song and it was soo true.

12. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

I hate it when SUV's have those pretty lil ribbons over their gas tank that say "blah blah blah hope are soldiers are safe and return" when their excessive gas use is what's causing those soldiers to be over in Iraq.....