Gauge Install?

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by ScoobyMike, Nov 3, 2004.

1. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Anybody know how to install a water temp gauge and a oil temp gauge? If anyone has any info or a how-to guide that would be great. Thank y'all.

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Tap into the ECU sensor?

Tap into the ECU sensor?

3. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

how do I do that? Im not really that good with electronics......

4. Genya

Genya No Longer Up At Odd Hours

Ok...

For water temp...

photos.yahoo.com/vr6rado

Under STi is a pic of a brass adapter I made for the npt threadline. The adapter will cost around 10.00 at Office Depot. It is sitting on the airbox.

For the Oil Pressure Line, there is a Oil Galley plug that you can take out with an Allen Screw under the left side of the intercooler inbetween the turbo inlet hose and the inake manifold, that if you do not have a factory one gauge you can get the factory plug for 5.50. Plug the sensor into the adapter, then use a crow foot wrench to tighten to torque.

Its not too hard, if you want one afternoon I can help, I have the tools here and it will take about 1 1/2 hr. Im off wed,thurs and fridays.

Also Scoobymods.com may have the infromation.

Jason

5. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Thanks man, That would be great. I had jury duty this whole week and still have it tom and probably friday. If you are going to Northpoint tom I will be there and I want to see how yours looks. Just let me know. Or better yet just PM me with your cell and we can get in touch that way if you like. Let me know man. Thanks again

6. Genya

Genya No Longer Up At Odd Hours

Yup I will be at NP around 9ish tommorow

Jason