Gauges locations

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by gbrookie71, Feb 17, 2007.

1. gbrookie71

gbrookie71 New Member

Was looking at different gauges to buy and place to put them. Can some post pics of where they installed theres. And should i go with two or three setup. I dont want it to look all tacky im really picky on these things. I like to keep it looking real clean. Anyways if you have some pics or ideas fill free to answer thanks. :coolugh: :wiggle:

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

3. gbrookie71

gbrookie71 New Member

Thanks Diffently alot there

4. Alex

5. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I really like the bottom picture set-up...that is sweet...

Mark

6. heathbar

heathbar Member

Here's mine, Defi FTW :bigthumb:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

8. Alex

Yeah that's Randy's setup actually. He's a member on here :)

9. Nitro

Nitro Active Member

i personally like this set-up........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Dacula Dean

Dacula Dean Member

^^^ That's what I'm looking at.

11. Alex

Ill make you a deal. You buy me a defi boost gauge (imperial), and I will give you my factory boost gauge with steering mount.

12. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i dont think that setup is practical... u need to divert your view significantly from the road to look at some of them

13. Alex

From the guy's original post on IWSTi, it seems like he didnt really care. He just wanted to have every Defi in his car :naughty:

14. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

As well as blocking all air flow from the vents, if it's your daily driver. I like some comfort. ;)

15. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

yeah, but look at the pic again.

There's no HVAC controls anyways so he prolly ripped out the whole thing to save weight while he was at it.

[​IMG]
    ^^^^^
    I like how clean it is, and how it matches. Especially because these are slightly non-standard sized guages from what i seen(most use bigger or smaller than this) I wouldn't mind doing this if I lived up north, i never use those vents for heat anyways...

[​IMG]
    ^^^^^
    Unless you track race as much as you daily drive, i will never understand getting rid of the stock steering wheel with the nice life-saving airbag tucked inside...
    But what REALLY threw me on this one was, check out the headrest in the rear view mirror. What kind of seat does this guy have???

[​IMG][/QUOTE]
    ^^^
    geeze the only thing missing is the autometer-style cluster guages and the center column...can you even see that one on the lower left when driving??

Last edited: Feb 19, 2007