Gauges

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by D_K, Dec 21, 2006.

1. D_K

D_K Member

2. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

I have not seen these but i like them.

3. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

The Defi's are an exact match and a really nice gauge, but not completely necessary. You can change the lighting just by covering the LED with a different color film. Also, don't buy these gauges new. Your wasting your money since people sell them all the time for less than half the price of retail. Just make sure that the person you get them from has taken care of them. Also, don't order used gauges that have some sort of sensor, i.e. egt or af. They have a tendency to break in shipment and wear out over time.

Be careful what you buy from ebay also. Had a friend buy a CAI from ebay for his eclipse. I had to buy a hack saw to cut the piping so that everything fit.

4. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Those look fairly chincey.

5. CHEMSOLDIER27

CHEMSOLDIER27 Member

I have those gauges and I like them I haven't had any problems with them. I would suggest getting o higher grade vaccum hose for the boost gauge the one that comes with the kit isn't the greatest.

6. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I purchased the Glow Shift A/F ratio gauge and I like it. I am going to get it with 2 others installed on 12/30. I hope that they work out OK...

Mark

Last edited: Dec 21, 2006
  7. I got the autometer pro-comp liquid-filled boost gauge from summit racing for around 75+/- $ It looks similar to our factory gauges but not identical.

8. JL889

JL889 Pandastic!

Just be careful Danny, We already asian don't want to be mistaken for Johnny Tran. ;)

9. D_K

D_K Member

I know right..

:keke:

10. crashtke

crashtke Member Supporting Member

I had a glow shift and absolutely hated it. It would not go over 10 psi when I was pushing 17...the vacuum was off by 5 and it really never preformed well. It was a pain to see during the day, but it looked nice at night. I tried several different options for the vacuum hose with no results except then it would go to 12 psi (when I was logging 17.5 on ST). Maybe I just got a bum one, but I have been very satisfied with my Autometer C2. Oh and GlowShift also sent me gauges that I did not order in place of the ones that I did order....out of 3 only the boost was one of the ones I ordered. I ended up returning the lot of them and just getting a slightly more expensive autometer C2. I would stay clear were it me.

11. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

I too love Autometer.. they're not the cheapest but considering how well they work they are not expensive either. Also be aware that the A/F gauge will not do much other than put on a pretty light show if you run it off a stock (narrowband) sensor.

12. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I guess that I will find out how it looks and if it has problems or not after installing it...It will have a green lit background, and 6 other colors...

Mark