General Question...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SonicBoom, Apr 14, 2005.

1. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Not sure if any of you read last months Sport Compact Car or not, but here's my question...
    This really annoying chick I work with came into the room talking to me and my friend Jason(another WRX owner), about how her son told her about the fastest production car. She stated there's a Nisson Skyline that run's the 1/4 in 10 seconds and is the fastest production car ever.
    I proceed to tell her she's smoking crack, and not even Lambo's and Ferrrari's are that quick. I tell her it must be an aftermarket company making it that fast, and that would not be production.
    So..Said chick brings magazine into work. And sho nuff it states "super skyline is fastest production car ever"....

My contention is as follows....they only made 20 of these cars(sold for $170,000 buy the way).... this to me does not constitute a production car. Even Saleen mustangs make way more that 20....Calloway...Hennessey...etc....

They are modified buy NISMO(Nissans race arm), which maybe my arguement may be proven wrong by...

Opinions????? I think Sport Compact made a mistake in judgement to sell some magazines...

2. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

They may be right, depending on what "fastest' category your talking about. Fastest 1/4 mile? Well, then its only fastest by a few 10ths of a second. A 10 second 1/4 mile isn't much to brag about as production cars were doing 10.5 sec 1/4 miles in the 60's. If your talking top speed, the magazine is dead wrong....That honor goes to either the McClaren F1 or the Koenigsegg CC which both top out at 240MPH!!!! Besides, apparently that article didn't actually test the production version of the Nismo Skyline...

3. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

technically speaking, it is a production car. thats how manufacturers get by things, to go racing many times in certain series'. if it weren't for manu's doing things like this we wouldn't have cars like the M series bmw's. so its ok by me.

yeah, they are cheating saying its a "production" car but its a better world because of these "production" cars