GFriend Got a New Car!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by WRXCoupe, Mar 23, 2008.

1. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Went Saturday to do a little test driving. I have been curious about that Suzuki SX4 Crossover. Seemed like the perfect car for the GF. Looks kinda cool, has a rally history, top seller in Europe. Perfect match for what she needed in a SUV style car. Solid chassis, five star crash rating: air bags front, side and curtain. Basic design 2.0 in line4/5sp. Choice of 4x2(FWD) or 4X4. Tremendous price. Good mileage cheap to insure. Went to Pugmire Suzuki in Marietta. The place was deserted, Easter weekend. Sales guy was very cool. He said he was just happy to be doing something. The GF won't drive auto, simply will not. They had one 5sp on the lot. Basic trim which was decent enough. Nice stereo XM radio etc, real nice inside bells and whistles. The one we drove was a FWD 4x2. I asked him about the power I heard the 4x4 auto was a real dog. He didn't hesitate to agree, but he said the 5sp 4x2 was not bad. So she drove it and she was all grins. Went on some damn good roads that I have to remember for the Suby. I asked to drive it. So after talking Suby he said jokingly "Ok Mr. Rally Driver, lets see what you can do". So I drove the FuC% out of it. Kept it between 5500-7500red line the whole time. Nose dived it into turns, torque steered out of turns. I have to say it took it like a champ. Not too much body roll, not too much under steer, pretty crisp good confident feel. I must say not a bad car at all. Ain't no Subaru but it has potential. For her she loved it. I could see throwing a little turbo and tune in this thing and having a friggin blast! So she is happy with it. Then we talk numbers! To make a long story short, they had not moved a car all day, it is the weekend and the GM was going to call soon to see what they had moved because they were closing. She walked with the car for $12,500 had to pay $500 because they didn't have the color she wanted so they have to bring one in from downstate so $13,000 total. She got 60 months at 0% that's right 0% and a 100,000 mile warranty standard. If my WRX was paid off it would be garaged tomorrow and I would be there tomorrow! I was blown away. They gave her 2G's on a unapraised trade in a 93 Isuzu Rodeo. They have not even seen it yet, we took the duck tape off it today and washed it, HA. I made them put it in writing. Not bad to witness what happens during a buyers market.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2008
  2. AK_Raptor

AK_Raptor Member

3. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

Wow that sounds like a pretty nice car. Great price on it

4. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

I had considered one of these as a DD awhile back. Nice purchase!

5. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

:) I require photos before reading a post of this length.

6. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Yer Sir! Tuesday I will provide them. I am curious as well. The car is being delivered from Birmingham. I went on line to check their inventory and the only five speed they had in the copper color was a 4x4 sport trim :eek:hnoes:. This could be good or bad. The value of the car is around 17 grand but it may handle more sluggish. We'll see? But I will post them.:wavey:

7. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Quick update. My research proved true! Birmingham did not have a Copper 4x2 5sp. They called her today. They are going to deliver one from their main supplier by Friday. Good enough! Give her a chance to get the best insurance quote. Oh by the way, she got an insurance quote from Travelers (one of the best), $65 a month OMFG! Full coverage $500 deduct.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
  8. FACE

FACE Active Member

sounds like a great deal for her! Hope she likes the one they ship in!

9. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

i've been super curious about that Suzuki that wasn't a badge engineered korean devil child of GM...

10. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

You are quite right it is pure Japanese! I discovered the car based on their WRC version. Seemed pretty fierce little car. The production car uses the same chasis. I liked that! The engine needs some help but with a nice turbo set up it could be a little sleeper! We'll see!

11. awu72

awu72 Member

i second this motion. pix pls.

12. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Just got rid of the break in oil yesterday. Went with Mobil one for now. She got the front wheel 5sp instead of the 4x4 due to the lack of "pep" with the 4x4. I will post pic's this weekend.

She loves it. It ain't no suby but it is a runner. Fantastic daily driver for the $