Golf this weekend

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by moose, Apr 3, 2006.

1. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

A year passes by so damn fast. Time for the Masters again. Any golf fans here? I'm not a huge fan, but I do attend this game whenever I can. :) It's a fantastic course, and the players are just out of this world.

2. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

I prefer to play. Kind of dull to watch

3. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

I usually think so, but going to this event is just pretty awesome, IMO. :) Would never watch golf on TV though...

4. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

Golf fan here. Are you going to the Masters? Tickets are very hard to get. My dad went a few years ago.

5. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Yeah, I've been going every year for the past five-six years. Lucked out in that my wife's grandparents got tickets back in the 60s before they were restricted. Last year was pretty miserable though; all the rain delayed everything, and the whole place reeked of wet fertilizer... hopefully weather will be nicer this time!

6. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

wow, that's awesome! yeah, hopefully weather will be nice this weekend. have a blast!

7. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I'd like to go play sometime, anyone interested?

8. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

i'm interested

maybe we could have a g2g for all the golfers on here?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2006
  9. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I would be down for going to play golf. Never played a real game. I have been to the driving range, did Chip and Putt once, and have played Mini Golf many times, I would really like to try a real game sometime.

10. Alex

I havent played in a year or so, dont even know if my clubs are any good anymore. Iw ould love to play a game though, let's see if we can find a cheapo course. I know there was one I used to go to a good bit. Its the East lake irons course, dont remember the full name though. It is not the East Lake Country Club thats $300 + to get on the greens.

11. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

I totally love to play and watch, I went to the Bellsouth yesterday and it was tons of fun, got sunburt to shit tho....

12. Deke

Deke Active Member

I've only made it the practice rounds. Being from Augusta you would think I'd make it to the real thing, but I only know a few people that get tickets, and they usually sell them for mucho dinero.

13. soobaroo227

soobaroo227 Member

I'm game for a golf day for all of us. I haven't played in two years almost. So I may be a little rusty.

14. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

ok, but I suck ass, but a day out in the sun and good weather is always nice

15. Alex

Anyone have a course hookup?

16. xjenjenx

xjenjenx Member

i like to TRY to play. haha. i was at the range once and i got this HUGE blister on my finger. it was SICK and it hurt :(
    never play without a glove...

17. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

i enjoy watching golf actually, but im really bad at it. My clubs are so old the woods are really made of wood.

18. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

there is a run down, abandoned golf course near where, i bet we could get in for free, we would just have to look out for police :D:D

19. soobaroo227

soobaroo227 Member

No, trying to go to abandoned places and having to hide from police is a bad idea. That is definitely how my car is dinged up on the right side. No police saw me though. And they were definitely MPs.

20. catch31

catch31 Member

I used to work at Cherokee Town and country club.... but dont anymore.... so cant use that hook up since its rather stingy...

But definately down to play as it has been over a year since I have last played....

21. That could be fun...... I haven't golfed in forever, but I have to wake up in like 5 hours for a game that I somehow agreed to yesterday afternoon..... :squint:

22. Alex

What are the stakes?

23. None fortunately...... It's with a bunch of guys from work and we're all apparently pretty bad at it....... and we've all gotta be back at work at 2:30.....