Good deal on Mobil 1 oil....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by josh booth, Jun 26, 2011.

1. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

$24.50 on a 5qt jug of Mobil 1 5W-30 full synthetic @ Walmart....

[​IMG]

2. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

Man, wish I could pay that much for Amsoil. Good price on those.

3. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

My WRX and my STI hated Mobil 1... drank it up... but yes, that is a good deal.

4. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

Yep. M1 5w30 is bad juju in these cars.

5. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

What are you guys using?

Right now, I have the free oil changes from Subaru rolling...but afterwards I will be doing my own.

6. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

I ran motul for 2 yrs switched to Mobil 1 about 9 months ago and have not had an issue. I am buring about the same amount of Mobil 1 and I was motul. Like they say all cars are different....

7. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

I burned .5l every 3000 of mobile1. I use motul now... no consumption.

8. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Ive switched to shell rotella t 5w-40 for summer time and hot weather use. Around november ill be switching back to Mobil 1 5w-30 for winter time/cold weather oil.

9. StevenSTi

StevenSTi Member

Ive used Castrol Edge SynTec the last two oil changes and it hasnt burned a drop

10. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Castrol Syntec... $20 a 5 quart jug at Wally World.. Never burned a drop.

11. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Deal deal? Perhaps.

Good oil for your Subaru? No way.

12. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

Tried Mobil1 Syn at 115k and at startup I hear clanking noise several times b/c no oil at the heads. Then immediately switched to Rotella Syn, fixed the clanking noise at startup but had the clanking noise at 35-60mph when I accelerated. Changed to Royal Purp and that fixed all the clankiness overall. So now I'm using Amsoil and that seems to make the car run smoother. I"m at 156k ATM.

13. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

I use royal purple and my car runs flawless. Doesn't burn oil, and use 5w-30 all year long.

14. John

John Active Member

Ive had excellent luck with Mobile 1 in my Taurus....but my Subaru hates it

15. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Castrol Edge SynTec in 5 quart jug at walmart

16. techlord

techlord Active Member

never had any issues with mobil 1 and any oil consumption was directly linked to another issue. I too use Rotella now, WHEN they have it in stock.

17. Mindspin311

Mindspin311 Member

I run the "German" Castrol Syntech

18. thrasher722

thrasher722 Member

I run AMSOIL full synthetic for 6k miles. I check my oil every gas stop after 3k but I have yet to need to put more in when running AMSOIL. I used Mobile 1 when I first got my car and switched after I burned so much of it up and reading its not the best for Subaru's turbo boxer motor on NASIOC.

19. djkxgo0k

djkxgo0k Member

pennzoil seems pretty good...i've also tried castrol syntec (equally as good) and mobil1. i agree with all the above statements about mobil1 tho...seems like it's the only oil that burns.

20. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Go ahead and spin your bearings.........