Good Place to Buy Rims?

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by slpymnky, Mar 14, 2005.

1. slpymnky

slpymnky Member

Where is a good place to buy rims? Does brand matter? What should I be looking for when buying rims?

2. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

www.Wheelsnext.com
    I think this link is where Milo got his from?
    pretty much look in any import mag and search that way. Just make sure they aren't too heavy.

3. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Cheapwheels and tirerack are also good.

4. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

5. married05gt

married05gt starting over

Kauffman tire has very competitive pricing. I would look for something no heavier than 1lb/in

6. slpymnky

slpymnky Member

Where did you get your rims? I like them a lot.

7. married05gt

married05gt starting over

thanks

Funny u should ask I got them at kauffman very good price. 18x7.5 with 225x40x18 toyos for around $1250.00

8. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Would you be interested in some Gold Prodrive P1's, 18" x 7.5"? I would like to sell mine and get something different.

9. slpymnky

slpymnky Member

Will they fit properly? The reason I ask is that my car is lowered from 1.5-2 inches and I am kind of worried about putting 18s on my car.

Do you have a picture of them on the car? How much is the car?

10. slpymnky

slpymnky Member

Oops....how much are the wheels?

11. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i got mine from wheelsnext like mike said... i got them primarily for looks... they got awesome deals... i got 18s with tires (kumho 711) for 899 shipped

now i dont race on the streets so sticky tires and light rims were not important... price and looks were more of a deciding factor... however, if u want good performance, spend the extra money and get some nice light rims...

12. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

You should have no problems with your lowered suspension. As for price I will cut you a deal considering that the rear tires will need to be replaced sometime in the not so far off future, I would guess you could probably get another 2000 miles on the rears and another 6000 on the fronts if not more. Pics can be found

here
    http://www.wrxatlanta.com/bb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=572&perpage=25&pagenumber=2

and some more here
    http://www.wrxatlanta.com/bb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=839

Let me know if you are interested and we can see what kind of price we can work out.

13. slpymnky

slpymnky Member

Cool. Check your PM.

14. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

MastroWRX is good for Prodrive wheels