got a water leak...

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by sleeper31204, Feb 23, 2008.

1. sleeper31204

sleeper31204 Member

ok, i took some photos of the water splatter over the top of the motor, but how do i get it on here so you guys can take a look? im using photobucket, and i tried all the options but none are showing up when i try and preview the thread.

i wanted to see if anyone here has seen water splatter like this, im sure its the radiator, but not positive, and was hoping for some suggestions.

thanks guys.

-William...

2. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

use the one that has the [​IMG]

3. sleeper31204

sleeper31204 Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

these were takin last night with my phone and a flash light, sorry if they look off. a friend told me that it could be the hose, im going to go pick one up and replace it just to make sure. try and rule it out so to say.

thanks again man.

-William...

4. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

can be anywhere near the rad, because if it leaks and hits the fan it will be all over the place. Pressure test it and you will find it or let it idle till warm and it may start showing

5. crashtke

crashtke Member Supporting Member

Could be something as simple as the cap not sealing or one of the overflow hoses leaking and getting blown everywhere...start the car, and sit there and watch with everything dried off. I would say disconnect the hose...but you would have to keep a CLOSE watch on the temps if you do that. The bad part is the fan will blow it all over the place and it can be hard to tell.

6. sleeper31204

sleeper31204 Member

whats the expected life for the radiator? the car has 92+k on it now.

and everyone in town has to order the hose, how sad is that?

-William...

7. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

sometimes all you have to do is remove the hose clean the area (crusty) and use some silicone grease on the male part (so not to get in the system) and retighten. this will get you goin for a short while till the hoses arrives

8. sleeper31204

sleeper31204 Member

found it, the rad. is broken on the front of it.

also got another rad coming out of (kool first) for only 130.oo$$. be here thur.

-William...

now, how hard are they to replace? it doesnt look that difficult. anything i need to do that anyone here knows of?

thanks guys.