got ECUTEK?

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by miloman, Jan 11, 2005.

1. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

just got flashed by scott at SOG (that didn't sound right)

and man its sick fast... runs like a greyhound on speed :D

driving back home was such a pleasure... thanks scott

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I think this calls for celebratory actions :bigthumb:

3. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

did you get road tune or dyno tune??? any approximate HP ???

4. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Well I guess your Stage 2 now. You wait I'll get mine flashed in about a week or so. Then I'll finally be Stage 3. That is great that you are holding 19psi. I hope i'm up there. I'll probably road test like you did, and save the dyno time for the next dyno day.

5. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

plan was to initially road tune and then dyno tune to perfect it... we ran into some problems because the ECUTEK connector for programming went bad and we were unable to connect to the ecu... finally after it was fixed, scott road tuned till bout 8pm and we didn't have time for dyno... im going to get the dyno tune and have the tune tweaked next week... then i'll finally have numbers

the car is actually above stage 2... dunno what the exact definition of stage 3 is because turboxs stg 3 includes an intercooler but prodrive's stage 3 does not... i guess by prodrive standards im stage 3

power increase is insane... and it feels like it pulls almost to redline...

6. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Awesome!!

I'm planning on the Ecutek once I get all of the transmission stuff resolved.

7. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

milo, so what would I be running then? I hope stage 3

8. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i guess the definition of stage 3 varies by manufacturer... but regardless u have my mods plus an intercooler so ur definitely stage 3

9. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Thats what I was thinking.

10. Genya

Genya No Longer Up At Odd Hours

Sounds awesome, im going to have to catch a ride. If streettuner doesnt arrive in the next month or two its off to ecutek here as well.

Jason

11. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

and u will be in the 300+ whp club

12. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

finally got it dyno'd...

233 whp :fawk:
    253 lb-ft :bowdown:

scott did great work :bigthumb:

Attached Files:

13. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

what kind of MODs do you have milo?? could you share them?? what is your peak boost??? and do u have boost curve as well???

Hope that my AP Stage 2 will be like that. :eek: :eek: :eek:

14. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

power mods are:

blitz cat back
    helix downpipe
    pde uppipe
    ecutek reflash
    intake resonator removed

a good tune works wonders... in fact i have 2 maps running... one map holds about 19 psi and the dyno plots come from this map...
    the other map holds about 8 psi and surprisingly it made about 175 whp and 170 lb-ft which is a little more than a stock wrx with about half the boost

i didn't get the boost curve... sorry

15. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

wow~ 19 PSI!!! plus NICE FLAST torque curve starts at 3000 rpm??? when I first read it, i thought it was en error. no wonder you make crazy HP and TORQUE. aren't you close to STI stock level now???

How SAFE is it to drive around with zero cat in atl area?? you know... CALI is pretty strict about this. do you know anyone got citation for removing cat in ATL??

16. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i have the helix catted downpipe... yeah im around stock sti power levels but from what ive heard, for equally powered wrx and sti, the 5 speed on the wrx will allow faster 1/4 mile times and it also is better for autocross... now highway racing is a different thing...

17. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

Just so people don't freak out, we're not holding 19 pounds to redline. It peaks and holds 19 from near 3k to near 5k then begins the taper to the magic, piston-ring longevity number of 1 bar (14.5 psi) at 6k rpm. It keeps tapering to near 12.5 at redline.

The EJ20 will hold big boost through the middle, but high boost and high rpm = VERY (sometimes less than 10,000 mile) piston-ring life.

For most clients we run a very similar boost curve to the Prodrive Stage III boost curve. These Prodrive kits are sold at all the dealerships in the UK, and retain the full factory warranty. They're considered to be 10,000 car, 100,000 mile safe maps....

That said, Milo's car is making HUGE torque for a stock turbo, safe boost car.

Siegel

18. smjkxsnoopy

smjkxsnoopy Member

how much did u pay milo after tax and everything?

19. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

was bout 1050 which included ecutek and road tuning