Got Meth?

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by SolidSnake, Mar 8, 2006.

1. SolidSnake

SolidSnake Member

I am looking to purchase some Methanol for my SMC kit, anyone know where I can find some, and the price? I am located in Macon, but would make the drive to Atlanta if you know of a place with good prices. I found one Chemical place that could order it for me, but wanted $4.26gal with a 55gal minimum purchase and the drum is $40 core charge so..$274 plus tax :eek3:

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i know topspeed, one of our registered vendors sells VP methanol

i use yellow heet... its more expensive but available almost everywhere (walmart, gas stations, advanced auto, etc.)... at advanced auto, u can but bottles of yellow heet for 99c each... about 11 bottles make a gallon... i feel more comfortable carrying factory sealed containers of heet in my trunk instead of a jug or meth that is hand tightened

3. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

How close are you to Macon National Dragway? They carry VP fuels there.

4. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

you can also call vp directly and get a dealer in your area. i know that the closest to me is a powerboat shop.

VP RACE GAS ATLANTA GEORGIA SOUTHEASTERN U.S.
    Email: vpracegasatlanta@aol.com
    Phone: 770-598-3325 Fax: 678-348-7271

5. SolidSnake

SolidSnake Member

Never raced there, isn't it a 1/8 mile track? I'll check them out, but I bet they arn't open year round :sad:. I will also give VP RACE GAS a call to see if they know of anyone stocking it in my area. I went on a Buick Grand National fourm, and those guys are paying between $1.50-$4 per gal, but none were in Georgia. If I can't find a close place around here for a good price, I guess I will get a 55gal drum, and make a trip up to Atlanta every few months to fill up.

Also, what do you think about moding the IC sprayer to be a back up Meth container, and at the press of a button you could fill up under the hood.

Anyone else have a place and price they pay for Meth?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2006
  6. SolidSnake

SolidSnake Member

Found a local guy at C2 Racing who sell Methanol for $170 55gal drum, and that's with the drum included. That equals out to be $3.09 a gallon, what do you think is that about the best I can do in my area? He said the drums are air tight so it shouldn't "sweat" and get water in to it.

7. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

i have a hook up for small amounts of meth for $2/gal, but i think i will be going with heet instead, for the same reason milo said.

8. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

Now I've not researched this at all, so excuse the noob-ness of this comment....

Wouldn't it be possible to use the existing (for sti's anyway) intercooler spray bottle??
    That way you could hold a lot more and not have it sloshing around in a 5-gal gas tank bottle in the trunk?? Maybe there's too much pressure loss with having it run that far....

Seems like it may be a lot safer and easier to maintain, no??

Last edited: Mar 9, 2006
  9. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

You should go on up anyway bro. I make the trip from Savannah every once in a while to see family and hit up the WRXatlanta crowd. The mtn. cruise should be pretty cool this weekend.

10. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

yes, to my understand you can. IF you change all the fluid lines out, and convert to a larger pump

11. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

aahhhhh,

That might be a little too much trouble for what it's worth.
    Thanks Chris.

12. SolidSnake

SolidSnake Member

I was just talking about using the STi IC water tank in the trunk as a holding tank, not as the primary. The line are already long enough(when removed from under hood scoop) to be fitted to the Meth tank. This would be to able to refuel primary Meth tank at the press of the IC spray button. Does this sound plauseable?

13. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

What people are donig now is the Spec C tank (11L), with SS lines to boot.

14. xnoodlesx

xnoodlesx recovering meth addict

The Snow Performance kit can use the IC tank. It is what i am doing now. I think my pump failures have been due to lack of filtering meth and possibly pure meth causes the components in the pumps to swell up. Make sure to get some sorta of failsafe in case the pump does fail.

15. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Damn Stephen, you are sure getting some serious HP....What was it when I sat with you at the mountain run?.

Mark

16. xnoodlesx

xnoodlesx recovering meth addict

Honesty, I can't remember if had my ecutek tune then or not. If so it was 304whp / 340wtq

17. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I'm in SC and the local propane company sells Methanol for a great price. $2.49 a gallon. For a little more than $14 I fill my 5 gallon Meth only tank that I keep in the trunk up. I have yet to use all 5 gallons.

18. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Decent deal, you should make a meth pipeline down to us :sx:

19. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

would be great

20. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

IF YOU USED MATH I HAVE A PLACE YOU CAN BUY FOR S=CHEAP!!!

21. SolidSnake

SolidSnake Member

$170 for a 55gal durm, I think thats a pretty good!

22. Brian

Brian Active Member

Do we have the contact info for $170/55 gal? I need a steady meth supplier... ;)

23. SolidSnake

SolidSnake Member

Yes, his name is Allen, and he is out of Byron, GA. phone # is: (478) 461-5618
    Tell him Jay(that's me) gave you his contact info.

24. Brian

Brian Active Member

Slow with the math yesterday... That's $3.18/gal. Doesn't TopSpeed sell it for $3.00?