Got Spanked By A Dualie

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Greg, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Greg

Greg Active Member

Going down 400, a Dodge dualie pulled up beside and yelled 'nice car', he floored it, and so did I... (not that we were speeding or anything :squint: )...But after about a 1/4mile, he was about 4 car lengths in front of me while I was left choking on black soot... ouch :wtc:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2007
  2. Trey

Trey Active Member

propane injected turbo diesel??

3. Greg

Greg Active Member

I have no idea... It was fast though.
    Very impressive to see something so big move like that

4. Deke

Deke Active Member

In before the lock!

Haha, soudns fun man.

5. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

yea, some of those cummins turbo diesels are pushing 700 hp and running 50lbs of boost, no biggie man. Add a single 90 degree turn in there and voila, 5 seconds made up :p

6. JL889

JL889 Pandastic!

6.7 New Turbo Diesel has 350HP and 650tq from factory.

7. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Diesels love high boost.

8. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Nice work representin', James. :thumbsdow

:keke:

9. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

You should see them at the drag strip. Very impressive.
    They've also had the variable vein technology (Same as the new Porsche turbo) for quite some time now.

10. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

POWNED~~~~!!!!! BOOOOO~~~~~~~ LOL :weaksauce :weaksauce :weaksauce LOL

what gear? 5th? 6th?

11. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

its time for that meth kit. and a bigger turbo.

12. Demo24

Demo24 Member

yeah those diesels can crank out some crazy power. Pretty easy to mod that power too. Just a few simple plugins, and voila 100ft/lb

13. AK_Raptor

AK_Raptor Member

^^^ yep they did that on Trucks or something i was like damn just from some EM

14. Greg

Greg Active Member

I sprayed the intercooler just for shits and giggles, and then went down to 4th, and dragged thru 5th

15. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

damn must have been some dualie....

16. SUBY_RUE

SUBY_RUE Member

My boss put down 432hp 750tq in his tow truck w/em, mbc. (powerstroke)

17. Demo24

Demo24 Member

Theres a lot left untouched in there. Most of those turbos are the size of my head:eek3:

Was it a Ford with a 6.0l engine? If so it may make you feel better that down the line his engine is likely to explode:naughty:

18. cannarella

cannarella Member

Yes he may have had you in a strait line but look at the engine size in comparison and he probably burned a gallon of fuel doing that. What is the saying, you have to pay to play. His truch was probably twice as much as your car, he spends at least twice as much in gas to go the same distance as you, and all for what, so he can take you from a fast rolling start. The next time you see him you will be passing his ass going over some twisty mountain road having a blast.

Oh, was he being sarcastic when he said nice car?

19. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

a random Titan impressed me for a min...I have a wrx, no hwy fun for me...if third doesn't send a message then I'm shot and not trying to push the envelope on surface streets...

20. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

I saw a really large, raised, pimped, yellow dualie do this to a friends Cobb stage 2 WRX. He didn't smoke him, but kept it a hell of a lot closer from stop light to stoplight then I would have thought.

21. Hazzard

Hazzard Member

i have seen dualies run at several different drag strips. the funny thing is, sometimes the tow trucks are quicker than the cars they pulled in on trailers.

22. turbo diesels are pretty easy to coax the power out of. With a 4" exhaust and a chip, most make 700ftlbs easily.

For this very reason our family hauler is a turbo diesel suburban. :D

23. schneid

schneid Member

a good friend of mine has a f250 superduty quad cab (powerstroke diesel) "king ranch", its a damn nice truck...ran a 14.4 at commerce with a chip only. in 4wd his best 60' was a 1.8:eek3: !

now he has intake and 4" catback (no mbc, no downpipe) and claims he is in the 13's....I believe it because he is walking away from a friends g35 from a dig (g's best=14.0 @ 99). WRX doesnt do the street races so no comparison there:cool:

and here is a testament to the truck's prowess on the freeway (done in FL on long, straight, empty road):
    [​IMG]

24. Nitro

Nitro Active Member

haha ~points~............~laughs~

seen 1 spank a LS1 at commerce............left him in the black cloud of doom......i don't even accelerate around em now:keke:

25. Greg

Greg Active Member

It was definately an eye opener.
    No, he didn't sound like he was being sarcastic, seemed like a pretty normal guy... around 30 or so

26. schneid

schneid Member

'black cloud of doom'...LOL.

My friends latest prank is to powerbrake the F250 when the shitpipes are right next to my clean, white car. He calls it the 'diesel stain' :rofl:

He diesel stained my passenger door pretty good last weekend....I picked up a lady friend the next day and when she was getting out of the car she got black soot all over her pretty white pants...was not too happy about it. I LOL'ed though:)