Got to play with an 06 wrx

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by emstraumajunke, Jan 13, 2006.

1. So a friend of mine got an 06 needless to say its has grown on me and im starting to like it. Wellhe ordered one of those 200$ ebay special TBE and we put it on to to my surpise fits pretty good and looks just like my helix. Well we took it for a ride as cobb stage1 pulled nice sounds good so i tell him to pull over and i go ahead and flash the stage 2 map with out him knowing...i tell him ok start it up and lets go.
    Well he pulls out on to the interstate and goes WOT he about shit his pants. He was like WTF just happened. Now its a totally different car.
    Well on the way home we get side by side on the interstate and from like 4th gear we get on it not only did he beat me but by several cars i mena just kept pulling. so all in all he spent around 800$ for everything ive got close to 2k in mine and lots damn the bad luck.
    Oh well what a night.

2. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

ss has a sign in his office, that i also saw years ago in a mazda speed shop, and it's very true...

fast
    reliable
    cheap

pick two.

just food for thought, i wouldn't toss his oe tbe just yet ;)

3. yea its put up in the box of parts
    along with the transmisiion casing and all my stock parts

4. KingofSiam

KingofSiam Member

Don't stage II 06 wrex's have like 320 lb ft to the wheel or something?

Freaking incredible.

*wonders why he didn't wait another three months*

5. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

LOL same!

6. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Well at least your car doesnt look like a Peugot.

7. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I understand that as far as tuning and hardware goes but exhaust piping? I'd just as soon get a generic muffler shop to make a TBE or at least cat back, it's just exhaust piping. Name brand manufacturers charge way too much for a piece of metal tubing and a muffler.

Sounds good with the 06, get him out to the dyno day.

8. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

it pretty much includes anything as far as longevity is concerned... generic shops (or preferably machine shops) do a fine job, as long as everything is built/welded well.

9. Dyno day would be great but we are in south mississippi. Even though in march ill be up there to get my protune along with him and 2 other bugeyes the RHD interga (vortech supercharged) and maybe and ls/vtec turbod hatch. I hope topspeed and atleast tune mine and the interga the others are just want to play in Atl. Country boys gone city so they think.