gripe about classic subaru in Roswell

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by awu72, Mar 15, 2010.

1. awu72

awu72 Member

Well, it looks like I'll be looking for a new place to service my wife's '06 Legacy Wagon 2.5i Limited. The last two times she went there, they jerked her around with time and didn't honor their service agreements.

When we bought the car, we had gotten alot of service agreements to go with the car. Since we live in Old 4th Ward, one of the most important agreements was that whenever she brought the car in for regularly scheduled maintenance as described in their service dept recommendations (you know, the normal 3,750, 7,500 mile intervals), Classic Subaru would provide her with a loaner car free of charge so she can get where she needs to go.

For the last 2 service calls, the service dept said they could do her car's oil changes and inspections quick enough to get her to her next appointments, so no loaner car was needed. Both times it took them 1.5 - 2 hours to do it and she missed appts. This is after stressing the need for meeting their time estimates before she made her car appt and when she arrived at the service desk. Now I do have to own up that on the 2nd appt, they patched a tire where they said they found nails, so that could easily explain the time difference. (FYI, 2 days later she had a tire blow out. I'm going to assume it is coincidence.)

So after these last two times, the wife indicated she would like them to honor their agreement on the loaner car. Surprise, surprise! They now have no record of the agreement. It used to show up in her bills. Now I know I can just bring our copy of the sales agreement to them, but you'd think they'd have a better concept of customer service. In anycase, I think we're going to take break from them for a bit.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, Classic has always had a bad reputation when it comes to most things Subaru. Have you tried any of the other dealerships?

3. trouble06

trouble06 Member

Classic tried to screw me also when I was looking to buy my STI but went somewhere else!
    If you can, go to Subaru of Kennesaw. You won't be disappointed!

4. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I bought both my Subies from Classic and was pleased with the sales team... Haven't done any service thru them in years though. I remember their service manager (Jerry I think), was a douche...