gripes with sellers

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by goixiz, Sep 3, 2007.

1. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

2 days ago i bought a set of RSX rims from local seller for the Honda.
    Good Price since it was 16" and seller no longer owns the RSX

Seller: Has a little curbage on one wheel but not noticeble
    Me: No prob its 3 yr old wheel i understand it wont be perfect. hence the price

Upon inspection yes very little curbage then another wheel was a lot more curbage but straight so i said i cant pay you what we agreed because it was a lot more damage then described. Agreed on a lower price since i can fix it. I ask is there anymore issues that i need to know ?

Today i cleaned the wheel and i found one more issue that seller did not disclose and this was intention mod. The seller tried to ream out the center to place this on a different car (I assume) but only did on one wheel and i cant see it because it was kinda dirt/rust covered in the center behind the center cap.

Now my question:
    Can i still use this wheel or should i look for one and retire this to full size spare ?
    Its only a tad larger and since its 5 bolts i assume it will center

I am now looking for a 5th RSX wheels
    If you guys see one pls PM

I contacted the seller and i want to know his story before a get on his $h|^
    He works at ToyoTA at Gwinnett

2. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

are you saying the owner tried to enlarge the center bore to fit another car? if that's the case it will probably not center correctly

3. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

I had a recent issue with content's settling during shipping.

I just learned a lesson when I bought a fairly fragile 32 & 1/4" sunroof deflector assembly from a guy on bbs.legacycentral.org who shipped it cross-country in a 33" box with minimal packaging material on one end and almost none on the other end.

The box showed up lightly compressed, and an end attachment piece ended up damaged because of a really poor packing job, which he claims was a good packing job. I didn't think to opt for insurance, so the end story is that I'm probably out some money, but the guy's response to my request for a refund or for some sort of credit towards another purchase was that I could "try to fix it". I mean if I wanted to fix an assembly I already had something to work with, and there would have been no need to pay for a supposedly good replacement part in the first place.

I was interested in buying other pull-off parts from the seller, but now I'm looking elsewhere.

4. WJM

WJM Banned

You can still use the rim. Make sure to TQ it down in the AIR instead on on the ground.

All but 3 (all OE rims) sets of rims that I have do not have centering rings. I TQ them in the air and they are fine.

5. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

I do that anyways
    I try to snug (not TQ) before lowering car to get some tire traction the torque it then lower the car all the way with or without centering on hub.

Hubcentric suppose to do single duty - centering the wheel
    lugs suppose to pull the wheel to the hub
    though its 5 lugs - i hate to have the lugs do double duty

MOral of the story is there are some very dishonest or poor judgement on sellers behalf, online - tried to avoid that problem on certain parts but i guess i was careless and have to pay for it now. Found a pair online since post so i will sacrifice this wheel to boat anchor status

6. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Go to any wheel and tire shop they sell hub rings to make it hubcentric. If you need PM me i sell them at my work.

7. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

Thanks Josh
    I dont think that will help because the enlargement due to some fools were not machined but dremel cut so its no longer concentric and hence no way of centering it with that

8. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Just got scammed buy a IWSTI user this month... Payed $50 for a used Walbro and never received it. He's given me a bunch of sob stories but its been a month and a 1/2, time for Paypal dispute mode... Whats up with people?

9. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

I've had three transactions all through via wrxatlanta too, (I never lost money) but at least with a local community like this one we can get to know who's who, and make exchanges with members with a good reputation.

10. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Much easier to deal with one of us.. I've bought and sold several items here with zero issues... Now if everyone on other forums had the same integrety we'd be allright...